....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dada Dough Boy


Lauren pushing Bunny Night-Night 
around the grocery store recently. 
She had so much fun!
Here's a funny story I've been meaning to tell... 

So about a month ago Lauren and I went grocery shopping. I had a coupon for Pillsbury products and they were also on sale so I purchased some "Grands jrs." to make ham biscuits. I usually buy generic, so this was different.

Once we were home and unloading the groceries Lauren picked up the tube and said "Dada" and I was confused as to what she was saying, so I inquired further. Well she was pointing at the Pillsbury Dough Boy and saying Dada. I thought this was hilarious (my husband being a slender man doesn't really resemble the dough boy, but Lauren felt differently) and laughed it up. I later tell Matt and he of course says I'm making it up and dismisses the comment (really who wants to be called the dough boy?).

Well fast forward to last weekend and Lauren was opening presents. She opened some of her Christmas presents from extended family that my mom had brought. My mom and step-dad asked if the kids could open Christmas gifts from my step-dad's sisters and parents. One of the gifts she opened was a big package of play food. There in the package was two small boxes of Pillsbury garlic bread. As Lauren looks over the package, checking out her goods she sees the boxes, points, and says "Dada!" Everyone was interested in what she was saying and I burst into laughter as I see she's once again pointing to the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Matt's face goes red and everyone else starts laughing. 

She now proudly calls these two boxes "Dada Dough Boy" and plays with them regularly. Matt has inquired, many times might I add, as to why she calls him Dada but he's still patiently waiting for an answer. I find it mighty funny and know this story will live on.

I tend to be the butt of jokes around here, so it's mighty nice to be on the other end of the joke this time. 

She just cracks me up. Amen for the laughter of a two year old to help us smile, even when we're tired, hungry, crabby, or grumpy. 

                                                      

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 9:21

No comments:

Post a Comment