....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Clean House & Date Night

I'm going to preface this post by telling you I started it last night but I kept rereading it and it made no sense to me. My tired eyes had been very productive and they just couldn't last one more minute. So I closed them and left it for today. Since then I have enjoyed a full nights sleep and a three hour nap. Some vanilla ice cream with melted peanut butter and peanut butter chips have allowed me the bright eyes and energy needed now. Hope it's more enjoyable to read now!

Today (Saturday) was the day when my energy and desire aligned with the opportunity and time. My house is now clean. Clean to my standards and over clean to most. I have been barely maintaining clean around here. With 1st trimester yuckiness all summer, going out of town, then rearranging rooms/up rooting the hole house, weekends painting and heading out of town, Brooke being here a least three days a week most of September and October- I had been neglecting the house. I was keeping it from getting too nasty but just by the hairs on my chinny, chin, chin. I'm also a person that procrastinates when I want to do a project and do not have the time to do it completely/100%, so if I can't obtain that level I don't even bother. Matt said, oh this is nesting at its finest, as he watched me clean things that had gone neglected for the better part of this calender year. While Matt and Lauren enjoyed an outing to Home Depot and did work in the yard on this gorgeous Autumn Saturday, I opened the windows and got to cleaning. I'm thrilled to say I can now easily maintain the cleanliness of my house as we prepare for sweet baby number two!

Matt and I also enjoyed a few hours away tonight to do some holiday shopping. Thank goodness that our adventures did not entail any of the craziness that went on in the movie "Date Night"- which is a freakin' hilarious movie (love me some Steve Carell and Tina Fay). We did have our fair share of silliness and laughing, but no crazy people chasing us. I don't know what I would do if we could laugh at each other/with each other, because I completely believe Laughter is the best medicine!

We started our outing at the wonderful Dollar Tree. Lauren and I must go there a lot without him, because he was in aw of how many things you can still get for a dollar. We both thought it was interesting that after all these years, the dollar tree has overcome inflation- how is that? Well anyway, it's a great place for stocking stuffer gifts- and that's we got. Of course when I lost Matt and went looking for him I found him in the candy isle. I never have to wonder where Lauren gets her sweet tooth from, her daddy! He was amazed at all the different kinds of candy. He was like a little kid, describing all the candy he had found and what he would want to get. Had we not already planned on our milkshake desert, he might have had to get a few things. I think I know what he's getting in his stocking this year!

Then we headed to get a yummy seasonal milkshake- peppermint. Oh it was good. We enjoyed this as we drove to ToysRUs. Matt analyzing the drink and making comments about what milkshake might have been better to get and me, I just enjoying it as I rolled my sweet little eyes at his "consumer reports" analysis. I love that man!!

Who knew that ToysRUs would be so crazy busy this early in the season! They were having a buy one, get one free sale on some doll house accessories. Matt and I were going to get her the 'sister' doll that goes with the doll house Santa is getting her. They however had every other figure except the sister- ergh! Go figure. We even had them look in the back. No luck there either. Oh well, I'll hit up WallyWorld and grab it some other day. Guess we won't get one for free- stinkers!

As we headed back home after just a few hours away we found a happy, clean little girl awaiting us. What a typical Saturday made beautiful before our eyes. Thanks be to God. our divine creator, for the wonderfulness we enjoyed today. May these wonderful days always be remember and cherished.

"[God] will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21


No comments:

Post a Comment