....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

All Sorts of Crazy!

So much as happened in such a short time with Lauren's birthday and us visiting my sister's house for the Thanksgiving holiday. So here is an update post (with pictures to make it more fun) with all the excitement we've had here...


Here's the birthday girl waking up on her birthday. Here's to being two!!!


We started the day with "Bunny Pancakes" - her favorite, most requested meal. She helped me mix up the batter, an activity she just can't seem to get enough of. After breakfast, while Matt and I cleaned up, Lauren ventured over to her pile of gifts in the living room and brought one into us displaying the sweetest eyes that said "Can I finally open this?" So we opened the two gifts from mommy and daddy. She loved her stroller! She strolled her "night-nights" all around the house, all day long. Score for me on picking out a great gift!! After Matt left for work we played and enjoyed the morning. We had leftover Bunny Pancakes for lunch and then we made cupcakes together. Have I mentioned that this girl loves to cook/bake. I had planned to make the cupcakes ahead of time so that once we were at my sisters we'd have birthday treats to celebrate with there (I just froze them and they were easy to transport). After that it was nap time. So during nap, I made her cookie cake. She loves M&M's so I thought that would be a wonderful cake, plus again left overs are really easy to transport, since we headed out the next day.  


Here is the finished product. Oh was it yummy! Her eyes lite up a like a Christmas tree when see came down from nap and saw it. 


Even Bunny Night-Night participated in the celebration and had her own piece of cookie cake.


After dinner and cake we Skyped with Grandma B as she opened more gifts. She is quiet the lucky lady and got some really nice gifts. Although we never left the house, and no one came to us, I think it was a mighty special day. It blows my mind that two years have passed since this sweet girl made us into a family. What a blessing she is each and every day of our lives!

The next day was Thanksgiving and we headed out early in the morning to visit my sister, her husband, my nephew, and my mom and step-dad. The trip didn't seem to take too long, even though I wanted oh so badly to sleep and just couldn't get comfortable enough. I thought for sure Lauren would nap, especially since she didn't fall asleep until 10:15 the night before (side note: she was put to bed at her normal 8:15, but that yummy sugar filled cookie cake must have kept her going for another two hours) and then waking up at 4:30 am that morning! Lauren has never done that before- since I was enjoying a early morning myself (waking at 3:30 and not being able to fall back to sleep) we snuggled together in bed while we waited for the day to begin. We both only took a half hour nap on the 8 hour drive. It seemed to go fast and Matt's silliness made it most enjoyable! Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband, well I do. Have I also taken time to mention how perfectly God paired the two of us together, well he did!

                               


Once we were there Lauren got to enjoy round two of birthday celebrations. This time it was a share occasion, since Grandma P's birthday is two days later we had a combination party. She opened more wonderful gifts. Shauna and I frosted the cupcakes and decorated them to look like Nemo fish. They were extra yummy, but oh bless my heart, they were a diabetic's nightmare! 


Here's cousin Finn enjoying the play plates and flatware. If you want to be creeped out, look at the television behind him- yes the boys were enjoying Terminator that evening. We laughed because if you pair the TV screen and his facial expression it's quite a picture! Feel free to make up your own caption and share! 


We celebrated Thanksgiving on "Black Friday." Papa P helped occupy the kids as we readied the food. 


Before we knew it, Saturday had arrived. This morning we were visited by Grandma Sue and Grandpa Mike  (with a surprise appearance by Aunt Laura- my aunt). They came to round out day four of opening gifts and celebrating Lauren turning two! Although it was a short visit, it was great to see them and hug them too!


After a short visit with them we were headed home. It was nice to have Sunday as a day to relax and recoup. Lauren finally got to enjoy some of her gifts. Here she's playing with Play Dough. 


But by the end of the weekend we were all just ready to lay down and enjoy some snuggle time. We had a lot of fun and have a plethora of memories to look back on. We sure felt blessed and thankful this holiday season!

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

Psalm 100:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment