....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Puppy Parade!

So much goes on here everyday yet sometimes I fail to capture it on here and I'm so afraid I might forget these precious moments. So today is just a pain post about a not so plain little girl who bring joy and laughter to our life. Here are a few ways she does that.

  • We've been in a new playing cycle where we want to play one of a few very exciting activities. Lauren Shea loves to take us on a puppy parade! She has two dogs that are pull toys. She has "Lauren's puppy" and I have "Mama's puppy" and we walk our puppies around the house. Daddy has been included with a Little People puppy he holds. I personally think he's got the best puppy since he just holds it and walks. My very pregnant self (almost 26 weeks and feeling 36 weeks) has to bend over to hold this very short string and try to keep my puppy upright as we race through the house. Both Matt and I love the joy and silliness that comes from this game- but we're asked to join the puppy parade pretty regularly and so I've made some fun revisions. Were we take a few laps and then make the bed, take a few more laps, and put in a load of laundry. It helps us be productive and fun! At night we have to tuck the puppies into their spot in Lauren's bedroom for bed- and she will try her hardest to stall bedtime by asking for yet one more spin on the puppy parade.
  • We've been gifted two Hello Kitty toys from a sweet girl at church. These toys often monopolize a lot of play time in our house these days. She was given a small house with some furniture and three "Hello Kitties." She played with this daily for the longest time, now we can go a day or two without it. Lauren and daddy often play this in the evenings and have developed many fun things the kitties do. Like dada will make the kitties try and open the front door and Lauren will scream with delight as she slams it shut to keep them inside. She also will put the kitties on the bed and balance them to the second floor and then catapult them into the house. She will do each kitty one at a time, and to watch her concentrate and keep trying over and over as they fall off the bed is quite amazing. She'll fuss and get frustrated only to try it once more.

    The second Hello Kitty item given to Lauren was a BINGO game. She loves to play this over and over and has many different ways to "play" the game. She lays out a board for dada even when he's at work, which is just too sweet. Those two have such a special bond that warms this mama's heart.
  • Outside we have a fun game of running along this dip/ditch in our back yard. She picks up her ball and a leaf or two and goes "runnin" from one end to the other. Of course she solicits mommy and/or daddy to join her on this fun run. After we tire of running she will play in the sand table or swing on her swing. Then she'll start collecting sticks, leaves, or rocks. Then we more onto riding her tricycle around the back yard or blowing bubbles. It's just so a ball to watch her enjoy the yard and see her imagination unfold as we play.
                                       
  • Back inside the house we have a girl who will "fold" laundry, "wash" the dishes, help load the dishwasher, make dinner and or desert with you, as well as attend to the swiffering and vacuuming. She just loves to help you clean and cook. I sure hope this play last forever! (A woman can dream, so let me live in this fantasy for as long as I can!)
                                        
  • She loves to color, do stickers, and any craft you put in front of her she will sit patiently and do. In fact, I often tire of any one of these fun activities before she does.
                                   
  • She had a new thing where she will just start spinning and loves to get dizzy. Last night she was hilarious as she spun and then held onto the window or bed to steady her body and she kept spinning her head around. Matt and I were laughing so hard at these sweet antics.
  • She is also entertained by her play food as she serves up some yummy concoction of donuts, chicken, and fries- with a topping of mustard. She could careless to feed her dolls (she has my old Cabbage Patch Kid, Daisy and a few other dolls from her grandmas) but she will feed her stuffed animals all day long. I find it interesting that she's not a doll girl at all. I'm hoping the doll house she gets from Santa is different and she plays with it more like the Hello Kitty house.
There is so much fun that goes on here as we move through our day. Even yesterday when we had a morning filled with errands, turned into an enjoyable adventure. She just makes the day so amusing. She's so smart, creative, entertaining, silly, and just plan wonderful. 

Now don't think my life is this perfect picture and that she never has a temper tantrum when I need her to do something and she desires to do something else. Like which coat or shoes she'll be wearing. Or that she doesn't get sassy when I need her to put on her clothes and she takes off in the opposite direction full speed. No- me, my life, nor my daughter are perfect- but we're enjoying the blessings God has bestowed upon us, his children, as we navigate our days. 

Living life through her eyes has reminded me of the wonder and aw of this world. It has helped me to slow down and enjoy the little things. I've learned to take in the beauty that surrounds us daily. Were I'm usually focused on getting to the destination in the most timely and efficient way to do this- she's always focused on what she's seeing and experiencing along the way. That is a wonderful trait she got from Matt and I pray she never losses it (by the way I got my focused and efficient manor from my dad too, go figure).

So here's to the memories we've made and to the memories we're about to make today, tomorrow, and every day God blesses us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment