....................................................

....................................................

Monday, December 31, 2012

Is There Such a Thing?

Is there such a thing as winter cleaning, like people say spring cleaning? Well if not I coin the term and have invented it. Today we took down all the Christmas decoration, leaving up the fluffy white snowmen of course, and reclaimed our house from pine needles and clutter. I decided that as I was cleaning, decorating and un-decorating for Christmas invoke the same feelings in me as going on a road trip some where. I'm super excited and don't mind the packing and drudgery of the process when you're headed to your destination  but  somehow the process in reverse as you get ready to head back home seems so daunting. Same with decorating, it's fun to put it all up, and you even look forward to the mass amount of work that goes into it, but then when it's time to take it all down it's just not fun and seems to take FOREVER!! 

Needless to say the Christmas decorations are in their boxes once again, not to be opened until November 2013, which right now seems so far away. The house feels more open and refreshed. I'm sure that it is a combination of having all of the rooms better organized and things where they belong due to the recent closet reorganization too. 

Matt also got the picture hung above the beds in the 'big girl room.' I've been trying to call the rooms upstairs the 'nursery' and the 'big girl bedroom', so they really don't belong to one person. I know that might seem weird but I'm hoping my forethought will help Lauren feel a little less invaded when a few years go by and baby girl number two begins to take up residence in there with her. I bet that is one of those things that really doesn't make a difference, but you just never know.

I did a laundry load of baby stuff today and I was pretty giddy about it. I needed to wash the crib rail protectors, a floor blanket, the two "Bundle Me" blankets that go into the baby car seat carrier (what a great invention), and the crib skirt. There is just something about washing baby stuff that is so wonderful. I still love doing Lauren's laundry. Just this past week my step-mom was being helpful and folding the laundry I was doing and I jump in when Lauren's load came out of the dryer because I just love folding her clothes, always have. I wonder when that will stop? Don't get me wrong, I'm a person who already enjoys doing laundry to begin with, but baby laundry is that much sweeter. I'm sick and I'm well aware of this, but what are you going to do?

After all the hustle and bustle of today Matt informed me that tomorrow is a holiday of rest. I told him that was fine as long as organizing craft supplies was considered restful, I would agree to his proposal. I figure Lauren and I can pull all the stuff out and do some crafts while we organize and I asked her if that was cool and she completely agreed- two against one, Matt had to consed (he loves us and I'm sure he'll hop in and do some crafting too, just don't let him know that I said that).

Well there's only three more hours left in the year, so I plan on spending them in bed next to Matt- him reading about his new Dremel tool and me trying to find something interesting on the television. Here's too the beginning of a new year! I'll drink my sparkling grape juice to having a stronger faith and seeking the Lord's direction for what the next twelve months will bring us!

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment