....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Three Little Things

I use this blog mostly as a journal of my family's journey and all the things we see, do, and go through but I also keep this as a place to make sure I write down God's blessing, both big and small. Just recently I've had three little blessings come my way, and I felt the hand of God in all of them, so I thought I share them here.

My first little blessing came right after Christmas. We went out to eat with my dad and step-mom, mostly because Sue and I were tired of cooking. After dinner we headed to Home-Depot to return a few items we had gotten for the closets that we didn't need. Next store was Hobby Lobby so we just went in to look around. I had heard how awesome the store was for a while and Lauren and I had made our maiden voyage in there a few weeks back, so naturally I wanted Sue to see it because it's a pretty neat store. Anyway, while shopping I found the perfect picture for the "big girls bedroom" to go above their beds. It was on clearance for half price, a total of $30. I really liked it and Matt agreed it would fit nicely. It being so close to the holiday season I took a leap of faith on purchasing it since money this time of year is tight. But I was afraid if I didn't get it now they would be gone when I did have the money or what I found then would be more money- I hope this logic makes since to you and not just me. Well after we pulled into the driveway Lauren and Matt got the mail and in the mail was a Christmas check from Matt's grandmother for $30. One might see this as coincidence but I don't. I looked at Matt and said "Well grandma just bought that picture for the big girl room!" It was a wonderful Christmas blessing!

My second little blessing is kind of random but stick with me. Our church is doing a church wide book study. They've done this a few times previous but this time it's a book I'd heard about. In fact, I heard about it from the wonderful lady who does my hair. The book is called "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. Our church is offering a number of small groups throughout the week for people to participate in. The thing is, I really wanted to do this one together with Matt. We've been attending Sunday School, but the Sunday school classes listed in the bulletin as using the book were the men's class and the woman's class. So, if we wanted to do it then we'd have to do it separately. Then they have classes during the day, but Matt works. They are offering one night class but it's on Thursday when I help out with the youth and it starts at 7 and goes to 8, which is prime pre-bedtime activities, so there would have to be lots of prep in order to make it work. Anyway, here's where the blessing comes in. When we went into Sunday School this past Sunday, the leader announced that our class was going to do the book, so Matt and I would be able to do it together!! It was quiet the answer to silent prayer as I kept trying to figure out what to do, so Amen!

The last thing that happened was yesterday at the store. We use "treats" to potty train Lauren. Matt keeps asking when we're going to stop giving her treats, and I'm not sure I know the answer to that. I think it will naturally fade out. Anyway, she gets a M&M upstairs and downstairs I have skittles. Now the reason for this is because I had purchased a Halloween candy mix that contained small packets of skittles so I started using them as the downstairs treats instead of having to run to which ever bathroom had the M&M's in them after she had done her business. So on my short list of things to pick up at the store today was skittles. Well someone had left a $1 off coupon for skittles on the shelf so I scooped up a thing of skittles and the coupon, thanking God as I did. Each dollar counts you know. Again, someone might dismiss this as coincidence but I see God working in my life.

Just wanted to capture where I see God in my life. These aren't the only places, just a few times His ray of light shined brightly on my life. I'm so grateful for a loving God!

"...God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out 'Abba Father." Galatians 4:6


No comments:

Post a Comment