....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, December 30, 2012

How my list is coming...

If you've been so lucky as to follow my blog throughout this pregnancy you know that as soon as the second trimester started so did my need to get the house perfect before baby arrives. This was a lot sooner than it was with baby number one but in my defense I had a lot more to this this time around. With Lauren I just needed to decorate her room and I was done, although it didn't seem that simple then. This time we had to move our room downstairs, move Lauren into our old room, and then prep the nursery for the baby. This was a big undertaking and has been going on for quiet some time now. I do however feel like things are moving along and I see a bright light at the end of the tunnel now. Since my dad came down I was able to get a HUGE portion of what was left done, and that was closet rotation and organization. 

Now, all of my clothes are down in my bedroom closet, Lauren's clothes are moved into her new room and that closet is organized, baby clothes now reside in the nursery dresser and closet as well, and finally the office closet is now wonderfully organized and there is no wasted space. So much more fits into there now and neatly too. Before I had stuff stacked on top of stuff so things would fall or you'd have to move seven different things to get at what you needed, so annoying. During this processed I learned that the office closet is the biggest closet in the house (yikes)- and I'm grateful since it's the only storage space we have for all those things that one would usually put in a basement or attic, of which we have neither. So check out my picture below:


The picture doesn't quiet do justice to all I have crammed, I mean organized, into this closet. My dad and I maximized the space as best we could and I think it came out great! 

Here's my list, once again, and you can see all we've done to prepare for this sweet baby, who at the moment is squirming and bopping around inside my tummy.

My Four Phase plan is moving full speed ahead! Check out what I got done:

Phase One:  - Empty guest/playroom and closet - moving everything upstairs.
                  - Prep room to be painted
                  - Purchase paint and paint room
                  - Reorganize closet in office to accommodate more stuff (this 
                    should be fun...)

Phase Two: - Move our bedroom furniture downstairs and set up room
                 - Decorate our new master bedroom
                 - Redesign, purchase, and install closet organization for this room
                 - Sell one queen mattress set
                 - Purchase two twin mattress sets

Phase Three: - Reorganize upstairs closets- we have three and they will all be        
                     changing!
                   - Purchase two new dressers, and a nightstand for Lauren's new                            
                     room
                   - Reorganize Lauren's stuff into new room
                   - Purchase bedding for new beds
                   - Purchase and hang new blinds for this room (curtains too, but 
                     no rush on those)
     
Phase Four: - Decorate Lauren's new room
                  - Wash, fluff, and spruce up nursery for new baby
                  - Redecorate upstairs bathroom into a kids bathroom

So really all that is left is decorating Lauren's new room which is slowly coming together. I purchased a really pretty canvas painting (at half price might I add) for the wall above the beds. The quilts I'm having made for the beds are coming along and are more beautiful than I could have imagined (Lauren's should be done before the baby is born, but the second one will be a little later than that). The only things that are on the back burner right now are the curtains for that room and the name canvas's that Garrett is going to do for me. I don't want her to do them until I have a quilt all done so it can help inspire her creativity. I've changed my mind so many times on the curtains I haven't purchased anything. I think once the quilts get in there I'll have a better idea of what I want, and I think it's most likely going to be something I'll make and not buy, go figure. And the dressers, I think that will be on the back burner for a while since we have what we need now, so maybe I'll worry about that when it's time to plan for baby #3. I'm sure I'll have a picture for you when it's all done, in the year 2020...lol!

As far as the "Wash, fluff, and spruce up nursery" I plan on doing that during the month of January. Now that all the extra stuff that was in that room has been moved to were it belongs this will be much easier. And now that the holiday season is done, I'll have more time to do it.

Oh goodness, so much done and just a few things left to prepare for my sweet baby's arrival. I'm quiet giddy about it all. Although, I'm still quiet content at being pregnant, still not ready for baby to arrive just yet.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken" Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment