....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oven Shenanigans

Tonight's dinner exploded! Well sort of. We were having roasted veggies and chicken. I cut up all the vegetables and chicken, put some seasoning and oil on them, put them in the oven at 450 degrees, set the timer and walked away. Matt and I headed upstairs to get Lauren up from nap and when we came down I opened the oven to check on dinner to find that the baking dish I put the food in had broken into a billion pieces and our food was everywhere. I had to take a pictures because Matt and I were just so shocked that such a thing had happened. Here, take a look for yourself:


I sent this picture to my mom and MIL and called both of them. I have just not been having good luck with the oven this week. You see this is the second dinner debacle. Earlier this week I had made barbecue beef brisket, a meal I had made several times before. The brisket I had bought was smaller than the recipe intended so I was estimating the time it would take to bake, and had under estimated, causing my side dish to be done before the meat. I turned the temperature up, only 50 degrees, and figured it would cook a little faster. Well when I checked on the meat it looked like it had ballooned up. I was baffled as to how and why this hunk of meat would do this. I called my mom and MIL, who were both baffled by this as well. Mind you I had never had this happen any of the other times I had made it. It ended up that one of the corners turned/curled under causing the meat to look like it had ballooned. It tasted fine and all was well. At least this craziness ended with us being able to eat the food.

We ended up eating left over bunny pancakes and greek yogurt for dinner instead. I loved the pan and I'm upset it now resides in my garbage can. I'm also bummed because I was looking forward to a yummy dinner and the wasted money on all that food. Matt had suggested we try to salvage the food and eat it, but I was afraid their might be small shards of glass in there, so we agreed to just toss it out. 

After a wonderful day spending time together it really didn't matter what we ate for dinner, and there is so much to be thankful for we didn't cry over our spilled dinner. But how crazy is that?!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment