....................................................

....................................................

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And all God's people said...

"AMEN!"

That's what I'm saying today for two reasons. First at today's doctor appointment I'm proud to say not only did I not gain any more weight but lost a pound and some ounces. After last appointment's seven pound jump, yikes, I'm doing better. My doctor's nurse asked with concern "you're still eating, right?" and yes I'm still eating, just being more careful about what I put in my mouth and walking a lot more.

This brings me to my second reason for a big amen. Today on our afternoon walk Lauren and I saw a stuffed Minnie Mouse on the edge of someone's lawn. It looked quiet lonely and in nice shape so I'm sure some little girl is missing it and it had accidentally fallen from a bag. The route we took today took us down this particular side street twice. On the first pass we talked about it and how someone must have dropped her and that I'm sure they're looking for her. On the second pass Lauren just watched her as we walked on by and she was no longer visible. 

We finish our walk, get back in the house and it was pretty much nap time. So we do our routine: potty, pick out books, hop into bed and read them, and then prayers and snuggles. Each afternoon when we say prayers I ask Lauren who she wants to pray for. Most days its "Dada, Mama, Bo Bear (Annabelle), baby, Bunny Night-Night, Kitty Night-Night, Bibbit Night-Night (frog)" or some version of that. If we've had someone over, like a friend, or visited someone they can often be thrown into the mix of usual people. Today however, her only response was "Minnie Mouse outside."

All I can say is that I knew my daughter was very compassionate but this even took me off guard. I mean wow! My two year old just showed me that she knows what prayer is for and why we use it. I'm not completely sure she can verbally express this but she's internalized why we pray- we pray to God for those who need God. She felt that lonely looking Minnie Mouse needed God today. My little Gift from God just never stops amazing me. But this time I made sure after coming downstairs that I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for my compassionate, God loving girl- I'm not sure that I can fully express all the emotions I feel from that moment, but it sure is one I'll never forget!


Lauren is just a week old and this is one of my
favorite pictures of her, even to this day.
I felt like she knew God and was praying to
him even before we ever taught her. 


"The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." Psalm 145:9

No comments:

Post a Comment