....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Satisfing Soup Dinner Update

In my post yesterday (see previous post) I discussed my recent weight gain and need for more healthy food options and Matt's eye roll to said comment. So I thought I would make some crecenst rolls to help him enjoy the soup dinner a little more. Yes he was grateful but please do enjoy the banter that took place in our house yesterday evening...

Jennifer..."Honey I made you some crescent rolls so tonight's dinner is more satisfying"

Matt's reply as he's eating dinner..."Wow, I'm so satisfied with dinner tonight"...."this is really satisfying"..."tonight's dinner was so satisfying"

When I brought up his very sarcastic tone and how it was really hard to appreciate his "sweet" comments but he just continued with his "satisfying" remarks. I asked if he would be satisfied with a 'beating' and his reply was "I can't win here- I am just giving you a compliment about how satisfied this dinner is now that you've made crescent rolls..." (said with a huge smile on his face)

This was all said in fun and there was much laughter sprinkled throughout our lovely dinner discussion. I just wanted to write this to remind me how blessed I am to have a husband who loves me so much he can laugh with me- because you can't help but smile when you laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment