....................................................

....................................................

Monday, December 17, 2012

Nap Time, Oh Sweet Nap Time

I often write/read blogs during nap time. Lauren is a A+, gold star napper, and that can't make a mama happier. She will often give me at least two hours of radio silence to do my thing. I enjoy this time and often use it to get stuff done on my list for that day. Sometimes I procrastinate that list by being on here. Today I didn't really have too much on my list, which is a nice welcomed break. Christmas is taken care of, minus the one last trip I need to make to the post office tomorrow (might I add everything is sitting in a pile by the back door all ready to go, gold star for mama). I'm not reading any books right now. I haven't started any new projects, although there are a few I should. So here I find myself blog reading and writing. 

Before writing this today though I did start my "To Pack" list for the hospital bag. Wow, we're getting that close that I'm starting to think of this whole labor and delivery thing. This time is much more complicated since I'll be packing a bag for Lauren as well. My great friend Esther has agreed to take Lauren at whatever wee hour I  need her when labor begins, what a great friend! But Lauren will need her stuff with her too, so it just adds a new dynamic to the preparation and execution of said plan, than last time. Last thing I want is to be in labor wondering if Bunny Night-Night and fresh underwear made it with her. I'm not sure how long she's be at her best bud Caitlyn's house and that all depends on when we head to the hospital and when my wonderful MIL makes it here, so over packing is the way to go (no a problem for me)!

While writing this list I had the thought that I can kiss this sweet two hours good-bye after sweet baby #2 arrives. In fact, I've been thinking a lot about how the dynamics are going to change around here. I think it's because I'm not quiet as naive about how much changes when a new baby is brought home this time around- or at least I think I am. I'm wondering how our schedule will shift and morph over the first few months. I wonder if I'll be a wreck or easy going about it all. I wonder if this baby will be fussy or chill. There are just so many "what ifs" to allow me to plan. Have you noticed that I'm quiet the planner?!? Hence the almost ready to use "to pack" list for a hospital trip we pray is over two months away. Oh my, I just realized that it's now only two months away! I felt like it took forever to get to three months away and now it's just two- when did that happen? Someone needs to keep me privy to these things. It still amazes me how vastly different I am with this pregnancy than I was with Lauren, which leads me to believe it will be such a different experience all together when we bring her home.

I'm sure you're bored of my babble already, but these are the thoughts that fill my head. I'm making sure to embrace this time we have left as a family of three. I'm being realistic about how this baby will most likely be polar opposite from Lauren. I'm over joyed and excited at becoming a family of four and I'm looking forward to holding this baby in my arms and looking into her eyes. I can't believe that will happen in a mere two months.

When all is said and done, I know that this journey were on is no mistake and it has God hands and heart all over it. I also know that I'll look back on this post in three months and laugh because I have faith that whatever is about to happen will all be for the better! These are my nap time thoughts.

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" Isaiah 40:31


No comments:

Post a Comment