....................................................

....................................................

Friday, September 30, 2011

So cute!

Look at Lauren's little tooth! She's had it for few weeks but we (Matt) finally got a picture of it while we were eating the other night. And tonight we noticed the one next to it is peeking through the gums too. It is just another sign that my baby is turning into a big girl right before our eyes.


Today I went to Target and bought her some new onesies. When I went through her clothes and switched them for the season and size change we were left with like five or six onesies that fit. I don't know how that happened. Since she's been born we have had enough onesies for a small army of babies and then all of a sudden, our onesies well has dried up. Anyway, back to the point. I purchased 12 month size since she's 10 months I felt it was more economical to buy big, and on the package description said she's no longer a "newborn" but an "infant." I don't know why but that made me sooooooo sad! She's my little baby and the thought of her growing is sometimes an exciting thing and other times it makes me so sad.

I had a friend tell me once that she knew she was done having kids when she stopped being sad when her youngest reached her milestones. Mind you she has four kids. Another friend told me she knew she was done when she saw a pregnant woman and felt sorry for her. This friend has three kids. Well, I'm not at either of those places. I get really sad when Lauren reaches her milestones and sometimes wish I could go back in time, and I still look at pregnant women with envy (most of the time).

Matt and I have discussed how many kids we'll have many times. When we got married, I wanted two and Matt three. Now we've switched. I don't think I'll be done after two and he thinks two is plenty. Hum...I wonder what will happen. I guess that is for God to know and us to find out.

"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment