....................................................

....................................................

Friday, September 23, 2011

Freaky Friday

Well today was surely a Freaky Friday! I was sick yesterday and it was yucky, but God gave me the best husband in the whole wide world, who helped me through! In fact, it wasn't just a Freaky Friday but it was a Freaky Week now that I think about it. So let me start from the beginning...

Monday was fine- in fact Monday was a great day. Enjoyed having Noah here and then Amy and Noah for dinner. It wasn't until Tuesday that all the "fun" started. I was so tired Tuesday I was sure I had a ball and chain attached to each leg. I took a nap, and it helped- but it was a busy day/night. In fact it was Tuesday night that we realized that the A/C wasn't working- not cool. Matt was up most of the night trying to figure out what was wrong. He never really could pin point it, so Wednesday we had a guy come look at the system. Lauren and I were all over the place Wednesday so we weren't home to feel the heat. But it compounded the fact that I was not feeling myself. The A/C guy told us our Thermostat was broken- Amen it was something easy. I laugh because he quoted us $350 to put a new one in. We went to Lowes and got one for $98 and Matt installed it. It's funny how $98 can feel like you're getting a deal when it's compared to $350.

It was Wednesday after getting home from Lowes that noticed I was feeling even worse. I laid on the couch after we put Lauren down and I felt like a truck had hit me. I stayed awake until the next nursing at 9:30. While I was nursing it felt like my joints and muscles were aching and old. I just wanted to sleep forever and Thursday was suppose to be yet another busy day. When I woke up the next day I was feeling a bit better so I got ready, but during breakfast I was back to feeling yucky- so I took my temperature, and sure enough I had a fever of 100.1.

Matt had left early and taken my car to get it inspected. When he got back at 8:20 to drop off my car I told him that I was running a fever and I needed to sleep. He decided to take a sick day from work so he could stay home and watch Lauren. Amen!! I slept ALL morning and afternoon and then went to bed at 10 without any trouble. I had to cancel my Education Committee meeting that morning, lunch with a friend, and not go to high school youth group that night. So my busy day turned into my sleepy day.

This morning I woke up feeling better, not 100%. I was glad to not be sick since on Fridays I watch Noah. Mornings are always busy and today proved to be busy like normal. They both went down for a wonderful morning nap, so I did get time to do my daily devotional- which I hadn't done the last few days. But this afternoon Noah went down early and then woke up fussing for food- poor guy was hungry. Then I give him his bottle and get him calm and it's time to put Lauren down. She took forty minutes to go down- yikes! Every time she would quiet down, Noah would make a loud noise of some kind. I moved him into the playroom and she finally went down. After twenty minutes of her sleeping I decide to put Noah in the jumper. Once he was in it I called Matt to talk him about Lauren taking forever to go down for a nap, then I noticed there was a spider on the jumper. I was trying to get the spider, it was a fast little guy. Noah was wiggling and the spider was fast, and before I knew it a dropped the phone and woke up Lauren. I was tired and done at that point, so I gave up.

Needless to say Amy got there an hour later and we laughed about the day, which made me feel better. Then Matt got home and gave me a bunch of hugs that made me feel even better. Now I'm feeling even better, and I'm glad tomorrow is Saturday!

Just wondering when life is going to settle down a bit more. I don't need it to be boring, but a little less hectic would be nice. I think that might be part of my prayers tonight.

"Apart from God every activity is merely a passing whiff of insignificance." ~Alfred North Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment