....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting the booty back in shape!

This booty needs a little kick. A few years back I took up running to get into shape. I never really enjoyed running before then- but needed something simple that I could do and we have lots of road races around where we live so I was inspired to start running. I'm very glad I did. I enjoy it for the quite time. I think that is one reason I wasn't fond of running when I was younger because I never really wanted quite time. Now, however, I very much appreciate solitude. It is also a great time to chat it up with God (check out yesterday's post for proof).

I haven't run a race or run too much at all since finding out I was expecting Lauren Shea. In fact, I ran a 10K four days before finding out I was prego and then didn't run to much after that. I still tried to get to the gym- love to Zumba! But working out fell to the wayside. Now that I'm staying home and don't have to contend with work and guilt for leaving Lauren again I have been inspired to get my booty back in gear.

I signed up for a race in November. It's a 8K, which I've never done, but I'm looking forward to one less mile (hehehe, lazy runner that I am). My training started this week and I haven't been as disciplined as I need to be. My schedule is as follows: Mon. - run "x" miles, Tues. Zumba, Wed. Pilates, Thurs. run "x" miles, Fri. run "x" miles. I take the weekends off, or use them as a back up if one my nights during the week get's busy. The first week I needed to run 1 mile and then add a half mile each week after.

This week I only completed Wednesday and Thursday. But Monday and Tuesday I was thrown off because Matt was off work. Then Friday we went for a family walk at one of the local parks, so I ran this morning.


I feel very blessed that Matt is so great with Lauren that I can trust that they'll enjoy their special time, while mommy gets a little "me" time. I'm looking forward to getting this booty back in shape and pray I'll be more disciplined next week.
Me running my last race - little Lauren is in the picture too, we just didn't know it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment