....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Vampire Bite- Yikes!

This week has been interesting to say the least. Again, I can't express how different what I envisioned staying home would be and how it actually is.

Poor Lauren is struggling with these teeth. It's been a rough week. It amazes me how different she is once I've given her some Advil. Modern medicine is heaven sent! For example: yesterday she was extra whiny and just irritable. I decided not to give her Advil since she wasn't too bad- well until it was time to make dinner. Oh my- this girl was on my legs like a fly on honey. So today, right after breakfast she got some meds. Today was much better. She wasn't as clingy and whiny. Life was much better for her and subsequently for me too.

Today we had a run in the our vampire cat. Silly Annabelle gave me a heart attack! It was just about time for Lauren to go down for her afternoon nap. We had been to the store and to visit daddy at work. After we got home, I was once again organizing Lauren's clothes and making sure that I have everything out that she will fit into and things that no longer fit or are summery put away. I had changed Lauren's diaper and was using the facilities myself when I heard Lauren start crying. She had taken off chasing Annabelle into our bedroom and then the next thing I heard was Lauren crying out in pain. I ran in to see Annabelle standing next to Lauren, who was in complete meltdown mood. I looked at Lauren trying to find out why she was crying and sure enough Annabelle had laid right into her. It looked like a vampire had sunk its teeth into her. Once I had picked up Lauren she stopped crying and I started to panic. I remember pacing back and forth a few times well I figured out what to do. Looking back I'm thinking - way to react Jennifer! So anyway, I called Matt and he said I needed to not panic and call the doctors. So I did that and we went in.

It's funny since Lauren is my first child and all the 'firsts' are happening with her, I hope she forgives me for being such a fuss bucket. The nurse and the nurse practitioner were so laid back about it all. Like the had seen it a billion times, which is probably true. The NP even said "This won't be the last time the cat bites her- just make sure you clean it out real good when it happens." Oops, I didn't even think to do that in my panic.

Anyway she is fine and she's on antibiotic. I'm bracing myself, since this will be her first time on any medication besides Advil and Tylenol. I got the probiotics from the pharmacy and have stocked up on Yo-Baby Yogurt. Hoping this helps ward off the down side to this wonderful, helpful medication.

I guess we're really in the Halloween spirit around her since Annabelle decided to dress up early. (Okay, I'm well aware that I'm a cheese ball at heart).

"Pray, and let God worry." ~Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment