....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A batch of cookies

So here's a little crazy  from my house to ours...

I 'adopted' a college student from church- my job is to supply Anthony with yummy cookies to help power him through finals (or in his case this time to help him celebrate them being done). So today after our morning at the doctors office, Olivia's three month appointment, Lauren and I set out to bake some cookies. We were just about done when I noticed smoke coming from the oven...I quickly check the timer...still five minutes left, so they can't be burnt- can they? 

Well my father predicted this weekend that my oven burner was going to break and sure enough it did! He noticed a hot spot on the burner and forewarned me about what was going to happen.  It just snapped and smoked. Amen God gave me just enough heat to bake the last cookie sheet full to go in and all of Anthony's cookies got made! Oh I just laughed. I'm glad that today was a day that I remembered God's words- and put it in perspective. All my cookies got baked- so all was well. Plus there was the added bonus of taste testing them with Lauren- oh that was great too! We did made it to the post office and Anthony's cookies should be in his tummy by this time tomorrow!

Oh and a funny little story too...so I needed to switch strollers in the car for our trip to the post office (the double jogger was in car from going to the park with my parents this past weekend). Well I got the jogger stroller out and was closing up the inline stroller up so I could heave-ho it up into the car when I somehow managed to get tangled and stumbled forward. I would have loved to see this move in slow replay, I'm sure I would have laughed at myself doubled over like I do when I watch America's Funniest Home Video. The best was the lawn guy across the street got a front row ticket. I'm sure it was a highlight for him as he continued his mundane job of mowing the lawn. Oh the joys!

"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." 
Psalm 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment