....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Quest

So a few posts ago I was, and still will be, speaking vaguely about an area in my life I've been pondering (check it out here if you want), something God has put on my heart to seek understanding in. I've been wondering how God wants me to act when it comes to the future. In a world that is always pushing the philosophy of "bigger is better" and "here comes the next newer, more desirable model" and "you could be happier if you had _______." How should I be looking at my present and future? I know for sure, I want to be looking at it through God's eyes. Not my eyes of "wanting" but God's eyes of "blessings."  And does God always want us looking forward at what's to come or does He want us to be content in the here and now.

Now I know that I'm not going to walk away from this with these questions answered for the whole world per-say but my prayer is for God to help lead me to answers about my journey and walk with him. I hope that you bear with me in this journey, as I share my feelings and findings. I'm doing this here, in public- um sort of public, because maybe someone else out there may need these words of God to help them as well. So here's what I've come across so far.

God lead me to Philippians 4:12-13. Here Paul states how we should be content in any situation- weather we are hungry or full. For no matter where we are in life we should be content. Here I feel like God is telling me that I should be content in the here and now. With whatever I possess I should be content. I feel like I am. I'm grateful with all the blessings I have now. Even though I don't necessary have all my "wants," I sure do possess all my immediate "needs." If nothing were to change and my "now" would become my "future" I would be okay with that. But does that stop me from wanting more?

While looking around I was also drawn to Psalm 37:7a - "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." This spoke to my heart because God has a plan for me, and if I wait on His will to be done, I will be blessed no matter what it is that happens. But are we suppose to sit around and wait for it? Wait for our future and do nothing in the present?

So when I read Psalm 128:1-2 "Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience in him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours." I feel like he's saying that if we are working with God, following God- our future blessings will come from him. That us working towards His good will bring us our future blessings. So that makes me think- no we don't just sit and do nothing while our future unfolds before us, but what we do is what God tells us to do, be obedient to his will. And when I think of all I've learned in my walk with God, I know his will for me is to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." and "Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37, 39. 

So for now, my conclusion is...

To be a blessing to others

Be content with what I have and where I am

I should desire to be more like Jesus 

Love my God with all my heart

Love everyone around as Jesus first loved me

If I do these things then my future- whatever it may hold, will be held in the mighty hands of my Heavenly Father. And with that, I have nothing to worry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment