....................................................

....................................................

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Rear View Mirror


I have been thinking about this post for a few weeks now and I finally remembered to take the picture when I was parked (yes, I did refrain from taking it while driving down the road ;-).


I L-O-V-E looking into my rear view mirror and seeing my sweet baby back there. When we were preparing to start a family it was also around the same time we were looking to purchase a "new to us" car. I took our soon to be growing family into consideration when I started looking. I saw the Honda Pilot one day on the road and I thought- that looks like a perfect sized car. When I got more serious at shopping for a car I knew this car would be perfect for our family. I wasn't interested in a mini-van, but wanted room. This car had everything we would need and some extras too! It even kicks butt on gas since it has an i-VTech engine, allowing us to afford the gas it needs to run. God found the perfect car for our growing family.


We purchased it a whole year before Lauren blessed our family and for that whole year I remember looking into the mirror dreaming about the baby who would soon be tucked into the back in their car seat.


Lauren's first few trips in the car had daddy driving and mommy joining her in the backseat (Grandma P too when she was here helping out). Soon though it was mommy's turn to drive the precious cargo around. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time. I hope I never forget how I prayed for the sweet baby that fills my rear view mirror and how God blessed me with her! I still enjoy watching her play in the back seat and babble on. I even enjoy watching her take a snooze too. Just seeing a glimpse of her makes me smile and give thanks.


I get a little sad when I'm driving around and she's home with daddy. The car just doesn't feel right without a sweety pie in the back seat reading her books or throwing toys about. My mirror looks more complete with my baby girl in it!


"Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble." 1 John 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment