....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lucky Me

I'm sitting on the couch right now feeling blessed by this holiday season (still). Mostly because daddy has been around so much more. He had two days off for Christmas (four days total counting the weekend) and then he headed back to work for three days and then we got him for three days again because of New Years. It's also nice because usually when Matt has off work we're headed some place for a fun adventure, but this time we've just been enjoying our home.


I've been thinking about how I enjoy having him home, not just to have another set of hands to help wrangle babyzilla (a cute nickname we have for Lauren when she's making a mess of her surroundings). But to just enjoy time together. I'm very blessed that God give me such a wonderful husband, partner, and friend. 


On our walk around the neighborhood tonight (one of our favorite family activities) I was being silly and reminding Matt that we've been together for ten years now- I asked him if he could believe it. And of course he had some smartypants remark, that's my hubby!


To think of where we've been over the last ten years and how much we've enjoyed together. He has been my partner through a lot of life's up and downs. He's been a rock to me and to our family. He's so stable and compassionate. He's also silly and enjoys getting a rise out of his wife by teasing me just so. He is a wonderful father. I often enjoy just watching Lauren and him interacting. When I'm doing things in the other room, like making dinner or picking-up, I smile to myself as I hear the two of them playing or reading. He's so patient with her, like he is with me. 


I can't tell you the amount of times that our relationship is such a reminder to me of how God knows what we need. He has a plan and if we're good children of God and listening we can take part in that wondrous plan. God promises us many wonderful things and all he asks of us is to have faith and except that He is the one true God. We don't deserve his love and grace, but he gives it to us anyway. That is how I feel about Matt. He is a gift God gave me and I pray that I never take that wonderful gift for granted. But instead remember to humble myself and give thanks for this special person He gave me. How special God must think I am to bless me with such a perfect partner in life. 

One day I want to look back and say on one of our walks, "Honey can you believe we've been together for 50 years"...I wonder what his smartypants remark will be then?
I love this wedding picture, because I remember the feeling of calm and peace that came over me when I realized that we were now husband and wife for life. We were partners picked out by God's hands especially for each other.


"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment