....................................................

....................................................

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Buying Used

Like I've said in many posts before this and will most likely repeat again- I try my darnedest to save, save, save. So today I saved by going to a lovely second hand kids store. It's one of those stores that buys your gently used kids clothes and accessories and then turns around and resells them. Well my poor baby is just growing and growing and no matter what I tell her she just keeps growing (it's a hard lesson to learn I know, since I didn't stop growing until around 18, 19 years old ;-).


Her newest growth has been her cute little feet. Maybe these new big feet are what she needed to make her our walker! Yes, Lauren is walking (and climbing) all over the place now- we're so proud of her. 


Now back to my shoe story. She's been in a size three for a while. Currently she has one pair of sneakers that fit and one she's grown out of- both size three but made by two different companies- so you know how that goes. She also has two dress shoes, one white and one black, again size three. The problem her is that they don't fit her anymore either. So, for the past two or three weeks I've been stuffing and cramming her little feet into the dressy black shoes for church that don't fit her poor feet. Both of the dress shoes were hand me downs and they both have the bottoms that are for crawlers- so I shouldn't even be using them on my little walker. My poor girl has been stuffing her feet into shoes that don't fit and have no support or rubber grippers on the bottom to help her balance. Today I finally got around to heading to the second hand kids shop to look for shoes.


The last few times I went to this store the shoes where a hot mess. The boys and girls mixed up and sizes too. I spent a good amount of time looking and looking. This time however, someone must have just reorganized because they where all neatly in the correct bin- AMEN! I found two pair of shoes, one white and one black. The black are kind of velvety with a bow (more dressy) and the white are more like sneakers, but still cute. I figure the white will be nice for spring. Another plus is that the white are by the same maker (Stride Rite) as her pink sneakers that still fit her. I'm hoping since that brand has allowed her a little extra growing room to get me through this growth spurt, that this new pair will follow suit. In fact the white ones are a little bit big, so I plan on saving them until she officially out grows the pink ones.


I know this post wasn't very riveting but this is just one of the ways I saw God working in my life. He allowed her pink sneakers to continue to fit when all the other shoes were too small. To last this family long enough to get through. God's grace had all the shoe bins organized so I could find what I needed without hassle. I should add that I had previously seen the white sneakers I purchased today but I could never seem to find both shoes, only one (I told you it was a mess). Today there these white shoes where just waiting to protect my sweet baby's precious little feet. God is there all the time working on our side. I pray that my eyes are always open to seeing Him!


Lauren's little pink sneakers.


"If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
       if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
      your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment