....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Day in the Life Of...

I've read other blogs that day a "Day in the Life of" post. I thought it seemed kind of neat- I'm not sure where the idea started or if I have to give anyone credit for it, my apologies if I do. And I just randomly picked today so you get the good, the bad, and the truthful...


My day started with Matt waking me up. He usually gets up first and has a little alone time to eat and read the paper in the morning. He got Lauren out of bed since I was still resting and barely awake yet. Daddy and Lauren came in to greet me and help get that last bit of sleep out of my eyes. I notice my neck was hurting me. I think that the joint she fixed yesterday might be back to it's old habits, so I'm glad I'm headed back to get checked again tomorrow. I think because my neck hurt and I had slept so restlessly that morning (woke up to use the bathroom and just couldn't get back to sleep- took me an hour, yikes!). I showered and got dressed while Matt finished up his routine upstairs. Then we all headed downstairs. Matt started making Lauren's breakfast while I got her dressed. I usually don't get her dressed until after morning nap, but today we had to head out the door right after nap, so I was planning ahead (such a smarty).


I feed Lauren breakfast and ate some myself as Matt had prepared his own lunch- poor guy I've been so off my daily routine because of traveling, having him home, holidays, family visiting, etc. that I didn't think to make it for him. He then continued with feeding Lauren while I did the hair thing and then I finished her breakfast (she eats a lot for breakfast and she can be slow so we share the duty sometimes) and Matt shaved. Before long Matt was out the door and Lauren and I were cleaning up breakfast and starting the dishwasher. Side note: since I have been home and cooking more we run our dishwasher every day/day in a half. While I worked and before Lauren we ran it twice a week maybe. Weird the things that have changed around here. Well maybe just weird to me.


After all of that was done Lauren and I played in the playroom and called Aunt Shauna. We were scheduled to go over the next bible study lesson of Luke, though I started by venting my frustrations of being out of whack with my schedule and routine. I really have a hard time functioning without them- but low and behold today was a day of getting back on track! Lauren continued to play around me while we discussed Jesus and his works. This lesson was on Jesus visiting the predominately Gentile town of Galilee and removing demons from a man and then feeding the thousands.  Both Shauna and I were so grateful for God's word and how we needed to hear exactly what he was saying to us. I've fully enjoyed doing this study with her and am glad that we're not even half done. At about 10 I put Lauren down for nap and finished talking with Shauna while I swiffered the floors (I love to multitask on the phone, but I'm not always very good at it). We talked for quite some time today- that's since we usually don't talk to each other on weekends or at night and with the holidays and husbands having extra days off we had some catching up to do.


Before I knew it, it was time to stir Lauren awake. I usually don't wake her from naps, but today was our first day back to library time since before Christmas. I was excited to go there, Lauren loves it. She squeals with delight at the familiar songs and just enjoys the interaction with other kids. We got there a little late, since I had to wake her up, and we missed her favorite song- "Peek-A-Boo." It was okay though, we still had a wonderful time. Afterwards, Esther and Caitlyn came over to eat lunch with us and play. It is such a nice time to have adult talk and let the girls play together. Normally it's a nice break from a usually quiet house but since Matt had been home so much it didn't make as much of a difference today.


They left at 2:30 and Lauren headed down for nap. This sweet little girl was tired after a long afternoon and a shortened morning nap because my sweet angel slept two hours!! During which time I got my coupons organized, my meals planned through next week, my grocery list made, and two emails sent. Wow- I love my baby and was so excited when she woke up, but that break to get caught up was such a blessing! I tell you God knows and always provides for our needs and I needed that time to take care of all that boring stuff. 


After getting Lauren up, she had her snack and we snuggled. Then daddy was pulling into the driveway. When Matt gets home Lauren's eyes light up- it's so precious. It's cold here so I got her coat and hood on because Lauren and daddy always go get the mail together and then get daddy's computer bag and lunch out of the car. It's their special routine. We ate dinner- left over night, and then we played for a bit. Garrett call and we chatted while Lauren and daddy played Legos. Then I got dressed to head to the gym, Zumba night! I needed to leave a little early since this class is usually pretty full and they've been known to turn people away. Plus, with the New Year Resolution people at the gym I didn't want to get turned away. Is it bad that I hate going to the gym in January and February since it is always so much more crowded. I always find that by March though it is back to normal. 


After Zumba, and oh how I needed Zumba, I headed to the grocery store. I was just telling Garrett about how when Matt and I were trying to have a baby and also when I was pregnant, I would always see moms and their children at the grocery store and long to have a baby in the front of my cart too. Now I find it soooo much easier to head to the store at night. For one reason- the store is always emptier and also I can be more focused and get out faster. When she's with me I find myself distracted by her cuteness- it's hard to focus on shopping when my precious baby is right there demanding my attention. Also, she always wants the list and coupons- and one time I gave in and gave her coupon I knew I wasn't going to use- she ate it!!! LOL!!! That little stinker ate it, she was younger then, and I had to fish it out of her toothless mouth. Silly baby!


Anyway, I shopped and chatted it up with Garrett some more. Our first conversation got cut short so she called me back. I was so excited to have saved 25% between coupons and sales. I shop for the % saved, and get sad when I don't get over 20% savings on my bill. It's a weird thing, but I like to find ways to save money for my family and yet still eat well too. When I got home and Matt helped me put the groceries away and he likes looking at everything I got, seeing if I got him any treats. Then I headed up to get pj's on and check on my sweet sleeping baby.


It was a typical day- nothing to flashy here. But it was a day I got to spend with my little girl, so it was a wonderful day. Not a day goes by where I don't give thanks that I'm home with her, watching her grow and blossom into such a character. Well sleepy land is calling!


"God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment