....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life's Roller Coaster Ride

So while dusting my TV stand today I had a thought (if you've read my previous post- my thoughts are going 100 mph these days). My thought was "my life is pretty good." I can't complain about too much. I mean it's not perfect over here but the big things in life are feeling like they're in order. Then the instant I had this thought that "life is good," I had the thought- "that means some thing bad is going to happen." After this second thought, was a panicked thought of... "wow, how can I prepare for this bad thing that might happen at any time?" I mean life doesn't seem to stay good for too long, right? At least in my experience, I feel like I'm on life's roller coaster. Life is good and you've got your hands in the air and a smile on our face only to realize you've taken an unanticipated turn and you've found yourself in one of those dark tunnels on the ride. So what do I do to prepare for this dark tunnel or sudden drop? Can I do anything?


Well my answer came during my Bible study with Shauna. We were going over Luke 14 and I'm not sure that my answer came as part of the study or just doing the study helped me make the connections. Anyway, my answer came when I realized what I was doing at that very moment, building my relationship with Jesus, is exactly what I can do to prepare myself for what this world has to offer. The good, the bad, the ugly, and everything in between. It was a wonderfully comforting answer to a pretty scary question.


I'm always amazed at how Jesus has been working in my life these days. I feel so lucky to be living my life with him by my side. How wonderful it is to have a great moment and just know in my heart that Jesus is smiling along with me. Same goes when I'm frustrated or tired and life is getting me down. I know that my prayers are heard by him just the same. What a great God we have that He is with us no matter what and no matter when. He never has anything better to do, in fact, he sees being with us as the best invitation of the day. I pray that I invite Him into my life everyday!


"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists  and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment