....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Little Parrot

Okay, I just want you to know how sorry I am. Sorry for what? Sorry I'm not the best writer/grammer person/speller. I just took a moment to look over my blogs from this summer, reflecting back on the last few months. And WOW!! I think I edited every post I read. Words left out, words spelled wrong (now = know, etc.), and my oh so common mistake- leaving off the "s" on a plural or possisive word. I just want you know that I have about a third grade knowledge of grammer. I've never been the best writter. But I love blogging. I love that I can look back at what happened in the past and all the blessings we've had as a family. The funny moments, the serious stuff, and everything in between. So again- you grammer kings and queens I'm sorry. But I'm glad to know you're still reading anyway, well I hope you are...

Anyway back to my sweet little parrot, aka Lauren Shea. She is blowing our minds these days. I can't believe how good her language is getting. I can't believe how many words she knows and how much she can communicate with her words now. She is saying all sorts of things. Our favorites include "there you go baby" which she will say unprompted when you do something for her. She also says "please, thanks" when you tell her to use her manners. She use to say "poss" for applesauce, but now she says "apple-oss." She will talk to herself while she plays legos or with her stuffed animals. Sometimes it's jibberish but other times it's not.

She's just growing up too fast. I was watching her today and I just wanted to freeze time. I wanted her to stay here just a little longer. It kills me to look back at videos of her when she was non-verbal and think that is the same sweet girl. She's just taking it all in and spitting it all back out.

I think that's how I know Matt and I are "ready" for baby number two. We get to start from scrach again and enjoy the show once more- this time with a different lead star. It scares me to think that baby #2 will grow up that much faster with Lauren around showing him or her everything she can do. Oh bless my heart. 

Wishing that I could save every moment in my memory and never forget!

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment