....................................................

....................................................

Friday, September 14, 2012

Sleep...

I have had a random sleep problem recently and it is driving me nuts. I'm tired every night and tend to go to bed and be sleeping by 8:30-9. This is not anything unusual in the fact that I've never in my life been a night owl. I've always been an early to bed, early to rise type of gal. Plus, being pregnant has caused me to desire sleep that much more. So far no problems. I go to bed, and sleep like a champ until about 5 in the morning. Then I wake up and lay there. I refuse to get out of bed because I still feel like sleeping, I want to be sleeping. I'm not ready to get up physically or mentally. 

So why the heck am I waking up? I can't figure it out. I sometimes do fall back to sleep around an hour later, but then wake up at 7 or so when Lauren gets me up. Today I was feeling like pooh. I had a yucky stomach thing yesterday and then again this morning. I just wanted to nap. I wished I had family close who could take Lauren for just a few hours so I could sleep. 

We had a lazy day, which we don't do very often now that I've been feeling better and have more energy. We had the TV on almost the whole day, which again isn't normal. In fact, I don't think we watched TV all week until today. Anyway, there was a point I'm convinced I dozed off for a minute or two while Lauren played and read books. Finally it was 2 and time for her nap, which felt like it was never going to come, and I went down too. I took a two hour nap and Lauren took a 3 hour nap. When I woke up I felt like a new woman. My stomach wasn't bothering me and I was able to shower and pick up (the house was quite a mess since Lauren was just doing her own thing all morning). Lauren and I went to the store to get some stuff for dinner. I was just fine until I ate and then I was back feeling like do-do again.

Matt said he wasn't feeling good after eating too, so I'm wondering if we have a yuck bug going around the house. I hope Lauren doesn't get it. Oh I would hate for her to deal with this nastiness.

Who knows if the crazy new sleep pattern has to do with the nasty yuck or not. All I know is that my nap today has been still awake at 10:45 pm. I honestly can't remember the last time I was awake this late- woo-hoo you can tell I lead the rock star life...lol!

Here's hoping to a better feeling tomorrow and a good, full nights sleep!

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment