....................................................

....................................................

Monday, September 24, 2012

Cool Breezes and Donuts!

The weather is a changin' and my face is a smilin'! This weekend we had a wonderful family day on Saturday. We had bunny pancakes as per Lauren's request. Then took our time getting ready. We made our way to the mall and bought our newest baby girl her first night-night (often also referred to as a lovey) and a sweet newborn outfit (so tiny)! Then we swung by the local sub shop, picked up a sub sandwich and headed to the park. 

Lauren just loves the park and didn't eat to much because who wants to eat when there are slides to be slid on and swings to be swung on?!? We took a little walk first and then let Lauren play until she looked ready to drop for nap. We headed home and enjoyed an evening of vegging out. What more can you ask for?

Well, you can ask for some donuts. I think having Brooke more than usual these days and having more energy has me pushing myself. So on Sunday I woke up on the "cranky side of the crib". Church, a dohnut (plus a few too many donut holes), and a three hour afternoon nap got me right back on track. Man did I wake up ready to conquer the world, lol, well maybe not that much energy. But it made for  a wonderful Sunday evening where Lauren and I played, made dinner, and cleaned up and Matt mowed the lawn. 

I can't say this for every weekend but we had a nice balanced amount of fun and relaxation, while still being productive and getting stuff done. Some weekends I walk away thinking- I totally neglected my house and "to do" list but had a great time. While other weekends I feel like I have no "fun" and spend the whole time doing this project or that project around the house. But this weekend had a nice balance to it, so Amen to that!

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 

(I know I've used this one before but it one I hold near and dear to my heart. It was also the scripture that our Sunday School lesson was based on and it really spoke to me this weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment