....................................................

....................................................

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday again!

I think it's neat that all of my appointments thus far have been on Wednesday. Mid-week is perfect. So today we had the last ultrasound and found a happy, cooperative, healthy baby! We also found out that we're...

We're super excited and can't wait to see what this bundle of joy has in store for us. It was funny because I think we both were so in-different about what the gender would be and we both also didn't mind having either one. Last time it was more defined. I guess that is why the name is still up in the air. I have two that I really like, one of them I love. Matt still thinks that the perfect name is out there- although he has admitted he likes both names I've picked, he just thinks there is some hidden name that we haven't thought of yet. I beg to differ.

I'm super excited to know how we're going to rearrange the house now. You see we have two bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs. Currently, Matt and I in one room upstairs and Lauren is in the other. Downstairs we have a guest/playroom and an office. It was already decided that no matter the gender Matt and I would move downstairs and the upstairs would be the kid zone. It works much better for them having their own bathroom and moving the majority of the toys upstairs is just a grand idea to me. We however were waiting on the gender to see if Lauren would stay in her room or move to our old room. Since it is a girl, Lauren will move into the bigger of the two rooms and the baby would move into the nursery.

Although the other way would have worked, this way is better. Most of the toys are Lauren's toys anyway, so since she has the bigger of the two rooms, most of the toys will be in her room. Also, we don't have to spend money on anything for the decorating of the nursery. I plan on keeping it all the same. No need for new bedding and decor, like we would have done if we were having a boy. We do however need to get Lauren some new decorations for her "new" room. 

I'm thinking the new room will help when it comes to transitioning her to a big girl bed. This is something we plan to do in late November, early December- all depending on how slow/fast I am at rearranging everything.

First thing though is moving us downstairs. So I need to clear our the guest room and paint it. Then I need to reorganize closets and lastly move our stuff down stairs. Once all of the is done, we can worry about getting her big girl room prepared. We have time too, since I plan on using a bassinet for the baby in our room. 

Oh this excitement has really got the better of me today. I was sad Matt had to venture back to work. Then after Lauren and I had lunch I just got really tired and wanted to lay down. I wanted to write the great news in here thought before I attempted a nap. But now my tired eyes are getting the better of me. Off to enjoy the quiet and solitude before my energetic, goofy girl wakes up!


No comments:

Post a Comment