....................................................

....................................................

Friday, August 31, 2012

Precious Sounds

As I write this I'm listening to Lauren act a fool, her usually MO, with her daddy upstairs. I so much enjoy the sounds that fill our house right now. In fact, yesterday Lauren and Matt went to the store for an hour and I was surprised that I didn't embrace the quiet as much as I usually do. I missed their crazy antics and the silly noises that accompany them.

The other precious sound I heard this week was my sweet baby's heartbeat. This past Wednesday I had an appointment and although I remember being less stressed and more faithful during my pregnancy with Lauren, I feel that I still get extra antsy right before each appointment with this one. So I was so happy and enjoyed listening to the "whoosh, whoosh" of his/her small and tender heart. 

Matt made a comment this week that has really made me quite reminiscent. I watched my good friends children on Tuesday since she starts back to school as a teacher before her children start back to school as students. Her oldest is 8, her middle 6, and her youngest is 2- and the older ones were so much more independent. Entertaining themselves and not following me around as I tended to lunch and such. Matt talked about it like- wow, can't wait for the day. And I was thinking, don't rush it buddy! Before we know it that will be Lauren and we'll miss her following us around. I'm not ready for her to be independent and off on her own (she will often do this but for short stints of time- which suits me just fine). 

Just wanted to share how blessed I felt this week with my sweet babies (yes, babies- love saying that)!

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure." Psalm 16:5


No comments:

Post a Comment