....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back in the Saddle...

I just thought you should know that I'm listening to the Aerosmith song "Back in the Saddle" in my head as I write this post- hope you are now enjoying the same personal mind music!

I'm enjoying the second trimester with gusto! Wow, to feel like myself again. To enjoy energy and desire to do normal, day-to-day tasks is like a huge early Christmas present. I tell you- the physical and mental yuck of the first 12-13 weeks of pregnancy are just unnecessary. 

I'm enjoying the ol' routine since we've been back from the beach. Oh yeah...we spent a wonderful week at the beach! Lauren has found her heaven on earth- that girl loved the beach. In fact, I felt horrible making her leave. When we left she said good-bye to the beach and looked devastated and sad. I've never seen her emotionally upset about something abstract like that. It made me sad even though I was looking forward to getting home and using my new found energy to get my house and life back in working order. Anyway, here are some pictures of our time away...

 We had just arrived and already she was all smiles!

 "Swimsuit!!!!"

 Screaming with delight and splashing around.

 Getting buried in the sand with a friend is so much fun!

 Having fun touching Horseshoe crabs at the aquarium.

 The pearls of the sea!

 NEMO!!!!!!

Daddy and Lauren 

 Mommy and Lauren

 Happy Birthday Dada!!

 Family Shot

 Jumping in at the pool

We did so much and yet so little. Lauren went to the beach everyday except the day we went to the aquarium. We swam in the pool, visited our friends down the way and had them to our place, we had a great date night, enjoyed some local foods, and spent lots of time enjoying each other as a family.  

Now we're home, happy, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the energy, routine, and fall like weather!

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, no lacking anything." James 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment