....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wednesday August 4th finally arrived!!

Well we went to the doctors and found out we're having a GIRL!!!!! I thought I would be a little disappointed because I had my heart set on a boy, but nope that lasted all of a few moments in time. You might stop reading here, since I gave away the goods already, but there is really a great story to go along with it, so keep on trucking reader!

We got up all excited and nervous of course. We had a plan to drop off Matt's car off at his work on our way and ride together. If you remember from previous posts that we are going to a different hospital then normal so we could have the appointment sooner. This hospital is further away so we needed more time for driving.

It was a rainy morning so driving conditions weren't the best, and top it off we left about 8 minutes late. I hate being late, and I hate rushing. When you live with my husband you often leave late and rush or leave late and show up late. He's slow like that. Today was no excuse. We did however sign into the appointment at 8:59 (the appointment was at 9:00). Thankfully we found the hospital with very little problems and the building too.

We sat in the waiting room for about a half hour, which mind you I don't understand. Why schedule me for one time and make me wait around forever? Why not just schedule me for a half hour later. Sometimes I wish I know someone who works at a doctors office so they can enlighten me as to how this system works.

Anyway, back on topic here. We get into the room and I tell the ultrasound tech right way that I'm interested in finding out the gender. She laughs at me. She gets me all gooped up and starts at the baby's head. I'm thinking in my head, if you start at the other end I'd be more interested in what you are saying lady. But one of the first things she does is give us a three-d image of the face. As soon as my eye saw it, I thought to myself "OMG, it looks just like me...it's gotta be a girl!!!" It was really weird, but I knew it without knowing it. This after being so mystified the whole pregnancy. She went along the rest of the body and showed us all her parts and took measurements. It was really cool to watch her hit me on the screen and then feel it at the same time. There is no denying it now little one, you like to hit your mommy!

When we finally got to the gender area, she wrote on the screen "Hi Mom and Dad, I'm a Girl!" I thought this was the cutest thing ever. After the doctor came in a told us all looked well I just couldn't stop smiling. It felt like my wedding day all over again. I called/texted everyone as Matt drove us to his work. My mom cried, and my stepmom told me "I knew it!" I had a few friends ask me if I was okay with it, and all I was thinking in my head was "Of course I'm okay with my baby girl- God had blessed me and I'm overjoyed with his gift to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment