....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A time to relax!

I've been enjoying vacation with my husbands family this week and I love it. His family is so laid back and easy going; the opposite of my family! There is also something nice about getting away from the house that makes vacation so special.

After a week of sleep deprived work camp it took me four night of sleeping twelve hours to get caught up on my sleep. But finally this morning I woke up to a silent house and checked my email. My father-in-law woke up shortly after. We took a nice relaxing walk on the beach. There is something so calming about waves crashing on the beach. I wonder if the baby gets that calming feeling inside my tummy, being surrounded by 'water' all day. Sometimes I wish I could go inside there too ;-)

Speaking of baby. Wow, I'm huge. I've been begging God for the pregnancy tummy so I wouldn't just look fat to those that don't know me and boy did he deliver. This week I swear my belly has doubled in size, along with little 'soybean'. That has been nice, but the thought that I'm only going to get bigger is kinda scary.

Another note on the baby- last week Friday we were suppose to have our ultrasound to find out soybean's gender. Well that didn't happen. The Tuesday prior the office called and said they had a scheduling conflict. My heart sank. What does that mean?!? I just wanted to burst into tears, but I held it together. She couldn't reschedule me until TWO WEEKS later. I was devastated. I know that worse things are happening in the world, but it had already been 20 weeks of wondering- two more weeks felt like forever! How did women survive before ultrasounds I'll never know. That day I still had a doctors appointment and I told her about it. She suggested that we go down to the office and see if they had anything at another location sooner. They did. Now Aug. 4th is "The Day." I'm not sure God reasoning, but if there is something I've learned about God is we often never understand His reasoning, but it usually works out better His way.

We have entered the second half of vacation and I'm sad to think this wonderful time, like all things in life, must come to an end. But I'm going to remember and cherish this special time with my family and my wonderful husband. For that I'm very grateful! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy as well.















Matt and I enjoying the pool.















This is Matt, me, my sister-in-law Carrie, and her fiancee Chris at the beach.




















Matt and me on date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment