....................................................

....................................................

Monday, August 23, 2010

Feelings and God

Well today I ventured up to my classroom. Overwhelmed would be a good word to describe how I felt. Upset would be another word I would use. Upset that I was overwhelmed would be the phrase I would use.

It's nothing like my old classroom. I spent a lot of time realizing what I had lost in the move. Simple things that I had become accustom to. Stupid stuff. Things like a sink, a closet, a teacher desk built for someone with stuff, etc... Then this is where the upset part came into play. I got upset with myself for being so superficial and needy. I can teach anywhere and with or without most things. Why was I getting so upset about these "things?" How is the sink going to make me a better teacher? Maybe this down grade in desk size is an tangible sign of that.

In 2 Corinthians 8:9 Paul writes "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich." Maybe I need to look at my poorness of "stuff" as a way to relate to Jesus. He had it all but gave it up for us. What I had in my old school, in my old classroom, needed to be given up so that I may come back to what truly matters- the students. Not that I ever feel like I was into teaching for any other reason (certainly not the money), but maybe with my struggles last year I forgot some of the basics that matter the most.

My prayer for this year is that I do come back to the basics. The basics of life. Faith, hope, and love. I pray that I have faith that God has placed me where HE needs me, to do HIS work. My I never loss hope that with God I can thrive and live a complete life- no matter where that may be. And that I love the world around me as God loves me everyday, and unconditionally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment