....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last day of freedom!

Today I enjoyed, as the title states, my last day of summer. Tomorrow and the next day we have staff development and then I head into school Friday to do some much needed work on my classroom. Thankfully a good friend, Shawn, has offered to come in and help me. I am so grateful she can do that.

So what did I spend my last day of freedom doing? Well I got up, ate, and went back to sleep. Oh, even the memory of that is wonderful. Then I officially got up again and cleaned up the kitchen, headed to the shower, and opened some windows. After a scorcher of a summer, we finally had a day below 85 degrees. So with the windows open I finished up my presentation. Amen for that! Then I met Matt for lunch and enjoyed some lovely special time with him. I just love him! Then I headed to wally-world for my homework folders, I buy for my kids every year.

After all that, I headed home to put together the glider that was delivered right before I went to meet Matt. This I have to deliberate on. I really didn't want a glider, so I wasn't as excited as I have been for other things going on in the nursery. I put it together though and sat in it. Not horrible, but not what I "wanted." I'm sure it will do it's job just fine. But then a wonderful thing happened later. When Matt brought the mail in this evening- there was a babies-r-us coupon book with a 15% off coupon for gliders. I quickly got the customer service number and called them up. They nicely awarded me with a refund. Woohoo! It was $26.25- that's big money to me. I keep thinking that we paid less money for something I didn't really want in the first place- bonus! I do have to say though, as I sat there it was wonderful to imagine sitting there with the baby once she's born...I really can't wait until she's here!!!

I've spent the remainder of my evening cleaning up the desk, which was a mess from working on the presentation and getting things ready for tomorrow morning. I don't even want to know what it's going to feel like getting up at 5:30- yuck times a hundred!

No comments:

Post a Comment