....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Fun" little trip...

So...last week things were going normal (whatever that is...). I was getting ready to take Lauren to swim lessons- feeling like crap. But if you've read any of my post recently this is my new "normal." More specifically I was having chest pains and shortness of breath, as well as my arm pit going numb. I needed to get us out the door and I'm so used to having one issue or another I just dismissed them. We scurried out the door and before I knew it the symptoms were gone.

Fast forward to lunch time. Lauren and I are out playing in the kiddie pool in the back yard. We decided to eat, so I head in. While making lunch the symptoms come back. I sit down and think I should call Matt and see what he says. He tells me to call the doctor and they'll tell me it's nothing...aka I'll move on. So I call the doctor's office and talk to the nurse. She does the exact opposite of what Matt assumed. She told me I needed to get to the E.R. She even informed me that she felt I should call 911. I however didn't feel that my issues where anywhere near bad enough to warrant to ride in an ambulance. She said she couldn't force me to do anything but I should get there soon.

I called Matt back and told him to get home. I called around and found a babysitter fairly quickly. And off we went.

When we arrived they hooked me up to an EKG and told me within minutes I wasn't having a heart attack. This I figured, but was glad to hear it aloud. Then they finished checking me in and set me up in a room. The nurse and doctor came into help me, and they were the same ones we had when we went into the E.R. back in April. They were so sweet and I was grateful for them, again.

We were there for just under five hours and walked out with the diagnosis of acid reflux. It had gotten so bad that it was causing my esophagus to spasm, hence causing the chest pains.

Once I walked away with this knowledge I felt like God opened a window I didn't even know I had and that it shed some light on so many things. First off, most meals I had eaten left me feeling ill- especially dinner. When I would feel ill I would lay down. Ding, dong- laying down only made the acid reflux even worse. I think that the acid reflux made the usually yucks of being first trimester prego even worse. Hense why I was just not myself the last six-seven weeks and so gosh darn miserable. 

I have to say now I'm feeling like my old self again. I have more moments that make me smile than make me want to scream. I have a decent amount of energy. I look forward to outings and doing things. My house is getting tended to (still not up to par but getting there). I have more penitence and enjoy my family that much more because of this. I've been better about dinners and grocery shopping. Life is just looking half full now a days and I'm so grateful.

"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment