....................................................

....................................................

Friday, August 24, 2012

SPLASH!!!

There has been lots of splashing around here since Lauren started swim lessons. I'm sad to say that my tendency to be an over involved mother got the better of me the first lesson- as I jumped in the pool with her. But I have since brought a book with me and allowed poor Graham to do his job without my help (wonder what was going through his mind on that first lesson...).

I know she's too young to be swimming independently but I've always felt that you can never start swim lessons too young. She loves the water and has been "swimming" in the bathtub for quite some time. After taking her in the pool a few time at the beginning of the summer and seeing her love for the water I started talking to Matt about getting her some lessons.

Now Matt, at first, thought she was too young to glean anything from a swim lesson but after talking to some guys at work, one whose sons are older and struggling with learning, Matt was on the same page as me.

I talked with a few the swimmers I know from the church youth group and Graham was the lucky winner! I'm quite spoiled because she has lessons with him all by herself. She has learned to be a better kicker, she blows bubbles into the water, and has started to paddle with her arms. I've enjoyed watching her be so cute splashing around the pool.



I'm so glad she loves the water because it's something I love too!

1 comment: