....................................................

....................................................

Friday, December 30, 2011

Just around the corner

Today the decorations came down. The box is sealed again, waiting for November of 2012. Speaking of 2012...it's almost here. I can't believe I'm saying that. I've been reflecting upon this past year and all the greatness that has come to pass. Wow! What a good year, which held so many blessing from God. I even took a moment to go back a read some of my old blogs (so many typos...oops).


Winter of 2011 was a memorable one. Lauren was here and I was on maternity leave for the better part of it. I think back to this time last year and Lauren and I bonding during the day while daddy was at work. I remember all the time spent snuggling and watching movies. Spending lots of time nursing- got a lot of use out of the glider in the nursery. One of the posts I reread was about how we got the glider, even though I wanted something else, and how bummed I was about it. Now I can't imagine the nursery without it- I put in a lot of hours in that chair. We had some family visiting us and meeting Lauren Shea for the first time that winter. It was such a wonderful season to look back on.






Spring of 2011 was a lot more hectic with me back at work. I remember pumping and working and coming home so excited to see Lauren each night. We would sing songs, make dinner, and be silly while we waited for daddy to get home. Lauren celebrated her first Easter. It was so much fun. She started sitting up on her own and having her own little personality. I remember taking lots of videos as we looked at her amazed at all she could do. 






Summer of 2011 was a shiny season, since it began my journey as a stay-at-home mommy. I remember being so relieved and excited, yet scared and nervous of the unknown. I remember heading home to visit everyone and all the fun we had. I remember stressing over Lauren's nap schedule and getting into a routine (I crave routine). Also, our trip to the beach and Lauren's stranger anxiety. It was such a wonderful trip and right after we got back is when Lauren started crawling. Oh did our life change after that milestone- she was on the move. When the summer was winding down I remember feeling nervous about everyone else heading back to work and again the unknown of living with one paycheck.






Fall of 2011 was just terrific. I really have not a single memory that doesn't make me smile. I started watching Noah and began to understand what it feels like to have two babies- yikes! Lauren and I started venturing out to library time. We met Caitlyn and Esther and have since enjoyed many play dates together. I still look forward to getting together with them weekly. Lauren had her first Halloween, looking so cute and cuddly as a cat. I trained for the race in November. We went home and celebrated Lauren turning one year- wow, that was a big moment! So many blessing to look back on.






Now as we head into the new year I think of all the exciting things just around the corner...


"We are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment