....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Thrills and Chills of Growing Up

Yesterday I had an interesting day with me sweet, little baby girl. I realized in full force that she's growing up. You would think with all the hype of her turning one year old it would have sunk in then, but no. And why, you might ask. Well because actions my friend speak louder than words.

The day started out with her not listening when her daddy asked her to stay out of Annabelles litter box. You see, in the past she has "helped" daddy clean the box by having her own pink shovel and "scooping" the pretend litter outside of the box while daddy cleaned the real litter inside the box. It was so cute and she thought she was the most awesome helper. Well yesterday she wanted to jump right in and help with the real litter. I mean we really should have seen this coming, but I'm admitting now that we didn't. Of course he had to sternly tell her multiple times no and yucky. I eventually had to intervene and take her away.

Her actions continued as the day did. She decided to show mommy how fun it is to pull clothes out of her dresser drawers- might I add she did this multiple times. I obviously didn't see how fun it was the first three times so she needed to keep showing me. She also showed mommy how fun it is to play with the living room light timer. Who knew that clicking sound could be so entertaining- well my daughter knew and she was so sweet she wanted to share!

These wonderful actions just proved how big my little girl is getting, especially when she looked at me with those eyes that said "I want to do this, so I'm going to do it." You really need a sense of humor and a glass of wine.

When daddy got home that day, mommy took a time out and walked around Michael's for about an hour. That was all I needed to feel refreshed and anxious to get home a read bedtime stories and say prayers. Amen for daddies and breaks, and double amen for bedtime stories and prayers!

"I will say of the LORD, "He is my refugee and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:2

No comments:

Post a Comment