....................................................

....................................................

Friday, October 14, 2011

In a nut shell...

Today I felt the blessings of God in my new roll as stay-at-home mommy and baby-sitter. This blessing was exemplified after a visit to my old stomping grounds. This Wednesday I had Noah, which isn't usually a day I watch him, and all three of us took an adventure up to the two schools I use to teach at. It was so nice to see everyone and to show off Lauren and Noah. Noah's mommy (Amy) is a librarian at one of the schools- so I got to show him off at the first school, and then Amy got to show him off when we got to her school. This is something a proud mama enjoys doing. But beyond the smiles that everyone greeted us with, I could see stressed and tired faces.

It really brought me back to last year and how over whelming it was being a pregnant/new mommy and trying to tackle the challenges of being a teacher as well. The students were great and it usually wasn't them causing my stress- it was everything else. There was always too much to do and never enough time to do it all. The upper administration was so disconnected from the classroom and they always seemed to compound an already hard task. The paper work and the late nights were tough too. I could just empathize with them and thank God for the grace he has extended to me by allowing me the opportunity to stay home.

That leads me to today. I was in a G-funk mood today. Not sure how I came up with that terminology but that is what Matt and I call a day that you just aren't yourself. Your not mad, tired, cranky, or upset- just blah. You usually can't put your finger on why you feel "out of sorts" and it's hard mood to shake. So anyway, that's how I was feeling today.

And now for the blessings (man can I ramble)- I was so thankful today that I got to just be home during this mood. I had Lauren and Noah here but they were okay with me being a little more quite and out of it. I was so thankful that I could just embrace that today wasn't going down as my best day ever. I just got to do what I needed to help my mental state- be quiet and chill. After lunch I cleaned up and put the kids into the jogger stroller and off we went on a three mile walk. We all embraced the fresh fall air and sunshine. I just enjoyed the babies the rest of the day and tried to do little things around the house to feel productive, yet didn't feel really pressured to do much at all. In fact, when I think back to life when I worked out of the house and now, stressed is a word I rarely use to describe my 'new' life. I would say "busy" this the adjective I use most frequently. This is a word I'm okay with though. This is just my day/mood and all of its blessings in a nut shell.

A picture of Noah and Lauren when we went for a run on Monday. My running/walking buddies!

"I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit." John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment