....................................................

....................................................

Friday, April 19, 2013

The here and now...

I've been working on the "Baptisms Part 2" post (mostly in my head), but I'm not quite done and today I just needed to write what's been on my mind. And let me tell you it's been a LOT!

First I decided that this Type A personality I have can sure be a drain on my day. I try really, really hard to keep life under control as best I can- but then there are days like yesterday and today when I just can't do it 'cause this girl is too tired, too overwhelmed, and there is just not enough of me to go around. So here I go...

I think I'm going nuts because:

*I'm not sure if I've written all the thank you notes I need to write. In fact, I emailed a lady from church, at the risk of looking as insane as I felt, to see if I had or not. Definitely a low point for me. 

*If my sweet daughter flips out one more time about putting on her clothes I think I might throw myself on the ground and kick my legs and scream with her! We are in the phase of "I don't want to _______________" You name it she doesn't want to do it. Last night she throw a royal fit with Matt over the pajama's she had on and ended up in bed with no pajama bottoms on (I guess that was the compromise). Then today she wants to put her pajamas on smack dab in the middle of the day. My compromise, if you want to wear them that bad, go ahead and put them on over your clothes. So for the next five minutes, while I nursed, I got to enjoy the whining that came from her not being able to get them on...bless this mother's heart...I don't know how my head did not explode off my body I was so frustrated with her. She is now napping in both her clothes and her pajamas (I guess that was the compromise).


You can't tell to well, but she has
her pajamas over top her clothes.
She's one crazy little girl!

*If I could just sleep a little longer...that's all I need right?!?!

*I can't give up the fight that there needs to be more hours in a day. But not just any hours...just more hours where I can sit and use the bathroom without someone needing me to do something else. Or hours where I can relax and take a breath. Hours of me laying around eating 'BonBons' and having umbrella drinks brought to my side. I know, I know I should just give that one up.

*I walked around the other day with spit up on my butt and had no idea until I took off my shorts at 9:30 pm. Thank God he gave me a sense of humor and I laughed- but really these are the day of my life right now.

*There is ALWAYS something to do or something to be done and if I slack one day...whatever it is sits and waits for me the following day. Here's an example everyone can relate to: LAUNDRY!!! And I LOVE doing laundry but some days I think it might over take the house- dirty baskets over flowing and clean ones pilled higher than the sky...bless my heart it never ends. And don't even get me on the topic of DUSTING- you might not make it out of that one alive...

*It's that time of year...where you have to tend to the outside of the house as well as the inside. Am I the only mom who has a love\hate relationship with this time of year. I love being outside and enjoy the weather, but if there wasn't already enough to do in one day before you add the mowing, weeding, mulching, and so much more- oh so much more.

*Mommy guilt. Two words I didn't fully understand until having two kids. I've been having a really bad case of it these days. Guilt that makes me think I'm nuts. I feel guilty for taking time to do house hold stuff instead of playing with the girls OR guilt for not getting housework done while playing with the kids. It's a vicious cycle I can't seem to get out of. Guilt for putting on a movie so I can accomplish a task without interruption- hum let me rephrase that- without as much interruption. Guilt for spending more time with one than the other. Guilt for this or that...

*I love this job. As much as each of these bullet point is true, I wouldn't trade in this 'job' for any other and I'm pretty sure that makes me certifiably nuts!

"Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off." Proverbs 24:14

No comments:

Post a Comment