....................................................

....................................................

Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Album and Memories

We had a very blessed Easter weekend. Here are some pictures and a small reflection on a big day.

Dyeing Easter eggs Saturday evening
It was great having Lauren get to dye the eggs this year.
She loved it and so did we!
Of course we got a Hello Kitty dye kit- this made it even more fun.
Olivia's first Easter!
The Easter Bunny hid Lauren's basket under the desk and she thought this was so funny. She even helped Olivia (who was back sleeping at this point) and found her basket behind the curtain- mommy and daddy helped Olivia eat all her yummy treats from the bunny, Lauren needed no help with this!
 She started eating her yummy treats right away!
Sister Love after a wonderful church service
Sweet Smiles from Olivia
Pretty Dresses!
After church she dove right back into the treats. We have a very cute video of her running in circles from her sugar high. I think it took a few days to come back down to normal blood sugar levels. Am I the only mom who is happy beyond measure that it's a good solid six months before the next sugar coated holiday?!?
Not so happy bunny. (Poor girl was ready for nap and in need of a diaper change)

As this Easter came to a close I was reminded of the eternal sacrifices God's son made for us. He died for us on the cross and showed his Holiness as he rose again two days later. Last year this holiday was marked by another loss, as we found out that another one of our precious children ascended into heaven with Jesus. As I remember the hurt and sadness from that loss, I think of how I took comfort in my baby being in a wonderful place, in heaven with Jesus. I take comfort in what Jesus did for me and those I love, and I pray daily that I live my life in a way that honors him and his sacrifice. I pray I share his great love through my daily actions. May we never forget the true meaning of this holiday.

So I hope that as you enjoyed your fuzzy bunnies, colorful eggs, scrumptious milk chocolate, fruity jelly beans, and precious family moments that you took a moment to give thanks for it all and for God's ultimate sacrifice. We're such lucky people to have a loving God who hops right into our hearts forever.

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment