....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wednesday...oh Wednesday...

Well Wednesday came, amen, even thought I swear I thought it never would. Just a quick recap, in case you missed a post or two, Matt and I are excitedly and nervously expecting again. We had an ultrasound at six and a half weeks and saw a sweet baby and a beautiful heartbeat. Due to previous miscarriages we asked the doctor for another ultrasound about three weeks later. The wait between the two wasn't bad for the first week and a half- then the good ol' nerves would get the best of me and I was so ready for the second ultrasound. 


We were very blessed because my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew were in town. My BIL has been out of work for over six months. He started applying for jobs in our area. He got an interview and they all drove down. In fact, he's at the interview right now. Anyway, my sister was here to watch Lauren while we had the appointment. She was also awesome because she cooked us up a yummy breakfast. 


We headed out the door a few minutes late, but I feel like you always have to wait anyway so if we were a couple minutes behind it would be fine. Well...silly Jennifer...we had also had a change of insurance. When Matt got his new job in June we carried over the old insurance until July. This being so soon after him applying for the insurance and filling out all the paperwork we didn't even have our card yet. Thankful Matt was able to get a copy of the card to bring with us. When we checked in the lady at the desk went to imput our new insurance information and she couldn't get something to work. I think it was the company address wasn't in her system. Well she asked us to have a seat and then went back to give our card to the office manager. She came back and I asked her if we should continue waiting here or next door (where the ultrasound room is). She said that she hadn't checked us in yet so to stay here. 


I was like...WHAT!!! Are you kidding me. We're already late and this is just making us wait longer. We're going to miss the appointment slot. I just lowered my head and started to cry to myself. I had been waiting too long already. I didn't have it in me to wait another minute. My emotions were already on the surface- I already cried my heart out on the way there. The emotions I was holding back for the last week and a half. The unknown. The hope. The nerves. The prayers. I couldn't take a moments more of waiting. What was wrong with this lady. Why couldn't she take care of this paperwork stuff while we were in the appointment?


Matt patiently rubbed my back and whispered it was going to be okay and everything was going to be alright over and over. After twenty minutes the lady told us to go ahead on. From what I could hear as I was crying the office manager was upset that this lady had kept us waiting in the first place. After she had come out and had some stern words the receptionist, she finished with the woman at the counter and then sent us on our marry way. 


Amen, that meant that once we got to the ultrasound waiting room we were ushered into the exam room quickly. As soon as I laid on the table the bubbling emotions got the best of me again and the salty tears came streaming out again. Matt held my hand and the tech asked me what was wrong. I couldn't answer as I'm a babbling emotional basket case at this point. Matt told her that we've had a history of miscarriages. The tech got right down to business and whipped the computer screen my way to show me my sweet baby and the beautiful heartbeat once again. That of course brought about more tears and a big AMEN from me. She let us watch our sweet baby three more times while she did her thing in between. She kept reassuring me that all was well. And thanks to Aunt Shauna's rocking breakfast the baby was moving all over the place dancing around in there.


I just feel so blessed that God had breathed his breath of life into this special baby. That He's created this baby for us to care for. How lucky that makes us.


Matt headed to work after the ultrasound and then I headed to see the doctor. She smiled and said "It's it nice to be here for good news!" I just smiled my biggest smile and said "Yes, yes it is."


Give thanks to the Lord
Our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
With a mighty hand
and outstretched arm
His love endures forever
For the life that's been reborn
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise

Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever

From the rising to the setting sun
His love endures forever
By the grace of God
We will carry on
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise
Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever
Forever

His love endures forever
His love endures forever
His love endures forever 
Forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise
Yeah
Forever you are faithful
Forever you are strong
Forever you are with us
Forever
And ever
Yeah

Forever you are faithful
Forever you are strong
Forever you are with us
Forever
Forever
You are God.....
Forever
And ever and ever ....

~Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment