....................................................

....................................................

Monday, June 3, 2013

Two Brownies and A second helping

Last week we enjoyed a fabulous vacation with Matt's family at the beach, and it was great. I think a little too great since my butt and gut seem to be dragging today. The vacation worked out perfect with me missing Zumba since there was a break between sessions the week of our vacation. So, being good girl I brought my running shoes, running watch, running clothes, and did a great job at NOT RUNNING! In fact, I didn't just not run, I indulged in yummy deserts, extra helpings, and lots of sitting on my butt (read a whole book, thank you very much)! 

This combination of things has made my first class back tonight a bit of a face slap. Or maybe more of a belly fat giggle. Oh, whatever I call it, it stinks. As I was salsaing, and doing my dance moves to the familiar music I felt like that second brownie was in my blood, still slowing me down. The whole time I was jumping and moving, I was thinking - did I really need the hot dog AND the hamburger AND the... you get the picture.

Oh, goodness. Don't have my pictures from vacation on the computer yet, so the fun picture post of all the greatness that was last week will have to wait for another day. But I'm as glad for the break as I'm glad to be back to moving and grooving to the music! Did I mention I've sworn off all sweets and treats for two weeks?! Pray for me to make it!?



"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment