....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Dash of this, A Sprinkle of that

So the busyness I know as our life just keeps going. Summer is always filled with lots of stuff to do and that's the way we like it. This week has been no exception. So today we are tired and sleepy. I managed to clean up the kitchen before needing to sit down and take a rest while I can- since both girls are currently napping.

This past weekend I had the joy of making some dinners for Esther and family, since her little baby boy was born three weeks early! I told her she hangs around me too much and look what happened. It was funny sitting at her house yesterday as we chatted about Evan, love the name, and how yesterday was her due date- and there he was just chilling in his bouncy seat, sleeping away. They are such wonderful friends! 

Matt spent the majority of Saturday doing yard work, while I spent it cooking. I made her a freezer meal, and made us two of the same. Then I also made a meal ready to eat that night, which I did the same meal for us that night too- mighty convenient. Both Matt and I were pretty tired after all that so we enjoyed a movie night to help us wind down. We watched Dumbo- um not sure what to think of this movie. It had been ages since Matt or I had seen it. It starts out okay but gets weird towards the end and goes off plot for a good twenty minutes. Lauren seemed to enjoy the better part of it before she started getting restless and ready for bed.

Sunday was a wonderful day. We started going back to Sunday School that morning. We had taken a short break since Olivia was born- some Sunday's getting to church and home was more than enough for us. But now we've got a better handle on this family of four thing, so we're back. We also enjoyed celebrating what a great dad Matt is.  He got to pick out dinner and a desert so after everyone, including Matt, enjoyed a nice afternoon nap I went to work on making my first pound cake. It turned out pretty well and so we got to enjoy a yummy Taco Salad and Strawberry Shortcake after we got back from swimming at the pool. Yeah- you heard me swimming! We are very excited this year to have a membership at a local pool. I saved my "Brooke Pennies" and now we get to beat the heat in the water this summer. Sunday was the first chance we were able to make it and we had such a nice time. I know we will enjoy it all summer long!

Monday was filled with chores and Tuesday with errands. Wednesday we made cookies for Esther (didn't get around to them on Saturday like I had hoped) and then headed to the library and a new park to take a walk. It was such a wonderful day- not too hot, not too cold, and not humid! After our nature walk, it was off to Esther's for a wonderful play-date. We missed out on one last week, since poor Olivia came down with Pink Eye. Yup, your read that right. My four and a half month old got Pink Eye. I have no idea where she got it. The only way I can think of her coming into contact with it was last week Wednesday we had her four month check up, so maybe at the doctor's office? Other than that, she didn't come into contact with anyone who had it. Oh I spent the better half of last week doing laundry load after laundry load and using Lysol wipes like I was being paid to. Thankful it did not spread to anyone else, and the fact that it is so contagious made this a miraculous feet. 

Today Lauren asked to go for a walk again. I told her we could do one around our neighborhood. Well this brought us a nice blessing. On our way back home we happened to run into a neighbor. We had met her like a year ago on a walk too. She had her boy and we had Lauren. We chatted briefly but hadn't seen her since. Today as we passed her house she was unloading her groceries. She had a new sweet 7 week old girl and I introduced sweet Olivia to her. This time I was sure to give her my email address so that we could meet up again. I'm so glad to have run into her again. She was telling me she works part-time so she's home during the daytime two days a week. Her kids will be in the same grade as both of our little ones, and they live right down the street. I loved having friends in my neighborhood growing up, and it will be nice for the girls to enjoy that too. Plus, knowing someone to sit with on the bus once they head off to school will be wonderful as well. It was such a blessing to run into her. Of course it was also the day I decided to leave the girls in their pj's and did nothing with Lauren's hair so they looked like a couple of rag-a-muffins but I'm sure she understood!

Oh well, not much else going on. Oh except for injuries. Well, sort of. You see two days ago it all started. I went to pick something up off the floor and didn't think past my nose- BAM hit my eyebrow on the corner of the nightstand. Then I hit my ankle on the corner of the TV stand door. Oh, I also ran into the corner of the table. And Lauren looks worse than me. She has like five mosquito bites the size of a half dollar on various parts of her body- and a deep black and blue mark on her arm not sure where she got that. Today she slipped on a wet floor and hit her head and butt. Then coming in from the pool she turned around and rammed her head into the door lock thingy on our fence. I think I need to wrap the both of us in bubble wrap and call it a day...lol. Yup, a bunch of beat up crazy ladies here. At least Olivia is looking healthy- now that her eye is all better. 

Tis' the days of our lives!! This recipe God is cooking up sure is a good one! Making sure I thank him for all the blessings, even sometimes the bruises. 

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment