....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Fish, Two Fish

Going from one fish to two fish has been such a blessing. A double blessing! Things have been busy, busy around here, so nothing new there. I can't believe in just two days Olivia will be one month old. Where on earth did that month go? We're slowly getting into a new routine and things are settling nicely. Most days I think "Wow I'm doing this!" and then there are some days I think "Wow this is a hot mess!" No matter what though, I'm thankful and overwhelmed with joy!

This weekend, due to the generosity of loving family members, we were able to purchase a double stroller! It's huge and I love it. I had been talking about getting one for the longest time. I kept going back and fourth about needing it or wanting it. I mean Lauren is old enough to walk so I felt like my want out weighed my need so I kept putting it off. Then, however, last week I had a crazy day where I needed to have both kids in a stroller on two different occasions and I texted Matt and said "We NEED a double stroller." Another reason I was holding off is because we already owned the double jogger stroller- so would two double strollers be overkill? The answer is no, not if you have two kids! The problem is the jogger stroller is just too wide for indoor trips, so it is limiting. This is why we went Saturday to get one and then took our maiden voyage to Target on Sunday after church. Yes, we made our first trip to church as a family of four and it was great! I keep finding things to be so much easier with Olivia then they were at this stage with Lauren. It was a bit overwhelming with people surrounding us to see the baby, but then I wouldn't want it any other way.

I have the luxury of writing this post tonight because I'm pretending not to be home. Even thought a squealing little girl just came to the office door to show me how funny she was and I couldn't resist so we cheated. She had her bunny night-night shoved into her pajama leg and she thought it was the best thing ever, as she laughed and carried on about it I scooped her up and kissed her for being so frappin' cute. 

Back to me being "gone"...why am I pretending to be gone? Well you see this mommy needs her own time away from home. I wholeheartedly think it makes me a better mom, when I refuel myself with some time away. So, we're pretending I'm not here so Matt can work out the kinks of being home with both girls in the evening and not have to do it on the fly next week. So far he's doing great! He hasn't had to do much without me yet and to balance the demands of having both kids. But come next Monday I'm going to be headed to Zumba and he'll be alone for an hour and a half. I'm super excited about starting up exercise again!

I use to have a gym membership at our local YMCA. I loved taking the Zumba classes, and Pilates too. Well once I started staying home I gave up the membership to help balance our monthly budget. I started running more- which I still plan on doing but one thing at a time. Well since then I've discovered our counties parks and recreation department offers a bunch of exercise classes in the evening. It works out very nicely. I don't have to worry about babysitting since Matt is home. You pay for them each month if you want to take a class, so if we're having a tough month- I forgo the class and run more. If there is a month were we're very busy, like the summer months when we vacation, then I don't have to pay and waste money, like a gym membership. It's a pretty reasonably priced too. I took a class back in the late spring right when I got pregnant (not knowing until after the class started) but it wasn't Zumba. I liked it but I L. O. V. E. Zumba. I really feel like it helps me with my endurance and its a bunch of fun.

So here it is us trying to learn the ropes and enjoying our two little fish.

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"
~Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment