....................................................

....................................................

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fluid...

Flu-id: adj.

2. Readily reshaped; pliable.
3. Smooth and flowing; graceful: the fluid motion of a cat.
4. Changing or tending to change; variable

When I looked up the word fluid in the "Free Dictionary" online this is what I got. This is how I feel we always need to be. Life is never "normal." I've come to the conclusion there is no such thing. It's like when you realize the tooth fairy isn't real or worse those other wonderful mystical characters that bring you goodies and treats aren't quite as real as we'd like to believe them to be. 

Life is fluid. It is always flowing and reshaping. It is always changing, causes us to change too. 


I've been known to resist change. When something works and is reliable, why change it. Why take the precious time, we never have enough of, and change it when you know it works. That is why I still you the same laundry detergent and have never tried another. 


Heck sometimes change sucks. Especially when it is forced change, or unwanted change. Someone passes away that you hold near and dear. You can't fight it, you can't bring them back, you MUST eventually accept the change that occurred.


On the other hand change can be good. A new car for instance. When is a new car not a good thing?


One thing is for sure, that change is inevitable. If we aren't pliable and graceful about it then we're making life rougher than it needs to be. If you're full of grace, and relying on faith and prayer, you'll be better equipped to see the good in change. You'll better accept that God works for the good. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28


God is the only thing we can rely on not to change. If that doesn't bring you peace, then I'm not sure what will. As crazy as life get, as full as the schedule is- I know God will always be there. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD you God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6


So as I pray for my husband tonight as I am thinking of these things. I'm so grateful God blessed him with a new opportunity, a new job. One that will challenge him. One that will bring him blessings- this I know. I also pray for those who are making this transition more difficult that it already is for him. He has some co-workers who are not being fare to him. Instead of being happy for him or saying they will miss him, their using guilt and giving their own personal opinions on what to do. I pray that they see Matt is following God's plan for him- not their plan for him. And lastly, I pray for Matt to feel confident that although everything is about to change- God is there and He's not changing. When we put our trust in the LORD, we can't fail or go wrong! "Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things in you servant." 2 Samuel 7:28 


AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment