....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Daddy's Love

As I write this post, or should I say start this post since I usually start them and finish them at different times. Anyway, right now I have been kicked out of my kitchen so that my little girl and her daddy can collaborate on a most wonderful card for me. As I swished by on my way to go up stairs and put away the ironing (saying "I'm not looking" as I passed) I noticed her sitting on his lap so patiently. It brought up a feeling I have quiet frequently- that my little girl LOVES her daddy, and that my husband LOVES his little girl.

My mom put it the best when we were talking shortly after Lauren was born, that Matt took to fatherhood so naturally. From the moment she was born he wasn't one of those dads who awkwardly held his new baby, but he embraced her with his arms like he had done it ten million times before. He would, and still does, sit with her and just marvel out loud at how amazing she is. From her growing limbs to her insightful actions, he is always in aw of what a beautiful little girl God blessed us with.

In fact, he was the one hoping and praying for a little girl. Me, always wanting a brother when I was younger, was leaning towards the boy side. Little did I know...the joy of being the mom to a sweet little girl.  Now I think, bring on ten more, and then I remember she's going to grow to be a teenager and ask God for a boy or two in there to keep me sane.

When Matt gets home from work each day I say "Daddy's home!" and she goes running to the front door. She gives him the biggest smile of the day (I don't get too jealous) and squeals with delight. They then venture down the driveway to pick up the mail, trash can, recycling bin or a combination of them and then to Dada's car to get his lunch bag and laptop. It's something they've done since I started staying home. I know she looks forward to it and so does Matt. And to tell you the truth it is something I look forward to as well. Mostly since it means my hubby is home from work and we get to enjoy his company until the next morning, but because I love watching the two of them together. Spying on their special time together bring joy to my soul.

I love that he is such a wonderful father to her. As Mother's Day is tomorrow I find myself reflective on how wonderful it is to have these two cuties in my life. I must be special since God gave me them. That's the best present I could ask for. Although I know I'm going to be so excited for my master piece of a card too!



"Let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth." 1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment