....................................................

....................................................

Friday, March 2, 2012

Play Dates Plus!

Yikes, it has almost been a month, a very busy month, since I've been on here. Things here have been busy, busy and I've been tired, tired. Each night I find myself crawling into bed after we put Lauren down. I can make it through a little bit of reading or a TV show and I'm out by nine o'clock. I'm an old lady, I know. Plus, my days have been busy too. Mondays and Fridays with Noah and Lauren. Wednesdays we have library time and then a play date with Caitlyn and Esther. I've had Brooke here four or five times throughout the month. So the days that are free from me watching another baby and play dates I've been trying to keep up with house work and staying on top of everything else. We also had family staying with us for a week. And don't forget February is a "short" month-even thought this was a Leap Year. 


I've been trying to keep up with running and I do good when I run with Heather on the weekends, but I've been doing more walking during the week days. Esther and I have taken the girls to parks on Wednesday when the weather allows us to. February has been surprisingly beautiful so I think that almost every Wednesday we've been able to do it (this week we meet on Thursday since Wednesday was rainy, but Thursday was 72 and sunny). We usually meet up at the library for story time and from there head to the park. We eat our packed lunches and then let the girls play on the playground some. After that we load them into the strollers and hit the walking paths. I have truly found a wonderful friend in Esther. We have a lot in common and have similar taste in things. I tell her it just cracks me up as we talk about our lives and the girls how many things she'll say, or I'll say and the other chimes in to say "me too!" She thinks we're long lost sisters. 


Yesterday we were noticing more and more the girls, Lauren and Caitlyn, were interacting with each other. Babies tend to co-exist when playing "together" but now that they're hitting the toddler stage they seem to actually take notice that this other person is in the room. They did a few really cute things. There was this double slide and they both climbed onto it and tried to climb up. It was so silly to watch them both with their bums sticking out try to climb and get no where. Esther and I just watched, smiled, and laughed as they got no where fast. Lauren gave up first and finally Caitlyn did as well. It was so cute how they would wonder off and then happen to see each other again and they would squeal with delight and wave- like saying "Hey, I know you! Hi!" Then, when we were walking they kept reaching their hands out of the stroller to touch the other. This was the sweetest thing ever. They would just rest their heads on the side of the stroller and look at each other.


It is so neat to watch her begin to socialize. There were three older girls at the park yesterday, who where playing with their dolls. Lauren was just in aw of what she was seeing. She walking up slowly and then got up the nerve to touch the little girl's doll. The little girl gave her "eyes" -she give my baby girl the mommy- "OH NO YOU DIDN'T" eyes. Lauren didn't shy away. She just waited to see what the girl was going to do. The girl watched Lauren to see what she was going to do. The stare down didn't last but a few minutes but it was a neat interaction to watch. The little girl wasn't mean, and once Lauren felt like she wasn't going to get anywhere she left. 


I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. Oh, I haven't written yet that our little girl is doing the potty thing...In the potty!! Well, sort of. She started to show interest in what I was doing on the toilet for some time know, so I talked to my friend who has two little girls and asked her what she did. She said once they started showing interest that she would put them on their toilet when she would go herself. So I thought that Lauren was at the perfect stage to do this. We went to store and picked out a perfect potty and then I would set her on it when she would see me on mine. She now points at it even when I'm not on one. We also put her on it before we put her in the tub (our little stinker likes to pee in the tub as soon as the water starts running and she feels the water on her feet). It was at this time when she peed in there for the fist time. I wasn't here, at church that night, but Matt left it in there so I could see. The next time it was at tub time too, but I was present for this one. I got so super excited for her. She's only gone once when it wasn't bath time. She is just growing leaps and bounds these days. Now I'm not ready, nor is she, to take the diapers away, but I'm what Dr. T said "setting the stage" for what is to come. I think depending on vacations this summer I'm going to shoot for August to pull the diapers and do full time potty training. But still I'm so proud of her. 


Lauren on her potty. Still in jammiers and hair is all crazy.


This getting old thing hasn't come without it's downs. She's at the stage where she will throw temper tantrums. Often they happen when she has her independent mind set on doing or wanting something that she can't. She's still pretty cute when she's doing them. She yells and carries on. Usually she throws herself on all fours and carries on. Sometimes she'll walk around yelling and crying. She's pretty good at understanding what I'm saying but it's when I saying no, when she wants yes that set her off. One day she through a fit because I wouldn't let her play with the paint bottles and another time because she wanted to play in the back yard and I was putting her in the car instead (mean mommy that I am). Some days she'll have five to ten and then other days she won't have even one. She will also through a fit sometimes if she's feeling that I'm not understanding what she's trying to tell me. It must be hard to understand so much but not be able verbally articulate what she wants. She has a handful of words and signs, but sometimes that still isn't enough. Dr. T said the typical 15 month old is having 15 a day- so I thought Lauren was doing great because even on a tough day she hasn't been that bad. 


Oh speaking of the doctor- Lauren as finally tipped the scales. She's over 20 pounds! We finally installed her big girl, forward facing, convertible booster seat in daddy's car. We will need to turn around her car seat in my car soon, since she's getting too tall to be rear facing and it be safe. It's going to be neat to turn around and see her looking at me and sitting up. 


Oh goodness- so much going on here. I still need to tell you about our furnace adventures...but that will have to be another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment