....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A little of this & A little of that

I find it funny how I seem to go in spurts with writing on my blog. I write regularly for a week or so and then I hit a dry spell, only to turn around and have a bunch to write.


Today I have a few silly stories to update you with the happenings around our house these days .The first happened last Friday. Esther and I had planned to hit the fabric store (I've been meaning to write a blog about my adventures in sewing, maybe I'll get to it some day), so Lauren was home with daddy after dinner. He was cleaning up the kitchen when I was leaving so I pulled a chair over so Lauren could play on the counter while he finished up. She wanted to play with these little canisters I have so I gave them to her. I turned to Matt and told him that he must pay attention to her since each canister had a small spoons too. He said he would and I left to meet up with Esther. By the time I got home Lauren was in dreamy land and I asked Matt how the evening went. He replied with "Well great except that Lauren had lost one of the spoons." I could tell he felt awful that it had happened especially after I had specifically said something to him about it. He said he had looked all over the place and couldn't find it. I guess she was attached to one of the spoons and he allowed her to continue playing with it after they were done in the kitchen, but hadn't kept as close of an eye on her as he should have and before he know it the spoon was MIA. I helped him look, but we came up empty handed. When we woke up the next morning I showed Lauren the other spoon and asked her where the spoon from last night was. She went into the living room and Matt watched as she went to the Ottoman and then tooled around for a bit. He figured it was a lost cause and came to help me with breakfast. Then about two minutes later in bops Lauren with her LittlePeople Noah's Ark. She was doing the help sign and trying to take the lid off. So I helped her and there in the middle of the animals was the wooden spoon. I was amazed at how freakin' smart my daughter was. I was also gave Matt "The Look" of really honey, and this was because he told me he had looked through there...hummm. We all had a laugh over it and were praising Lauren with finding the missing spoon. 


Fast forward to nights later and Matt is checking something on the computer. He wasn't sitting in the seat but rather standing hunched over looking at the screen. Lauren and I came in to see what daddy was up to and I saw the perfect opportunity to put Lauren piggy back style on daddy's back. He thought this was cute and was carrying on and making her laugh, like he does oh so well, soon Lauren started to drool. The drool line was then hitting Matt's jaw and making it's way down the side of his face to his chin. This is when I noticed that he must not feel it. I started laughing and asked if he felt the drool all over his face. He said no, as the drool continued from his chin down his neck where it pooled at his Adams Apple. By this time he said he could feel it and I'm having a hard time breathing I'm laughing so hard. The best part happens when the drool starts dangling off him in a big line headed to the floor. At this point I've lost all control and I'm bent over in hysterics and he's starting to realize how gross and big this drool problem has become, so he goes to move and the drool moves with him. On my way to the floor, doubled over because I'm laughing so hard, I too drool all over the floor. (laughing and swallowing are hard to do at the same time).  Matt eventually gets a tissue to wipe himself and the floor. Oh goodness, it was so funny and if you aren't laughing then I'm sorry, I guess you had to be there. That's one I will remember forever. 


Fast forward two more days and it's today. This is also a day I won't forget because today I got Lauren's hair to go into two piggy tails. She looks so cute! I called my mom and sister this morning to Skype with them and share this wonderful milestone (yes, me being able to play with/style Lauren's hair is a milestone to me). She has been playing with her bag of hair bows for while now. She loves to look at all of them and put some in her hair. I've put barrettes and bow clips in her hair since I could. I was so excited I took a picture. So her she is with her cute little "dealy-bops" as Grandma P would call them:


Lauren Shea - 14.5 months
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment