....................................................

....................................................

Monday, March 26, 2012

A few things here and there...

I wish, as always, that I had more time/motivation to do more posts. Things just seem to be happening in super speed here. Well except the days that I can't get myself to do but the bare minimum and I pray for this first trimester yuck to be gone! I have very little interest in eating but if I don't the whole world stops until I consume something. I still have days like today that are way better and I feel functional.  The catch twenty-two to that is I start to get nervous something is wrong, but God doesn't let those thoughts fill my head too long because before I know it I feel like pooh on a stick again. Then I wish I hadn't wasted that precious time being nervous. It's all a big viscous cycle. I'm trying to brake it today by just getting stuff done!

I know that this whole slowing down during pregnancy is purposeful though. Last time I didn't get it, but this time I do! I feel like it prepares you for when the baby gets here and that sweet bundle of joy consumes your every waking and sleeping moment. This yuck and lack of energy is just a sneak peak the real thing.

Lauren has been blowing my mind lately. She is just a little girl now. She can follow simple directions and is so frappin' cute when she walks around babbling to herself or saying "Ball" over and over. She loves being outside. Last weekend we had friends in from out of town and she was outside playing with their boys all day Saturday and I'm pretty sure she was in heaven. She enjoyed the pals to "play" with and I'm sure she was just at awe with all the things they could do. She's a little sponge and enjoys being a helper. I completely take advantage of this. Hey if she wants to help vacuum and dust who am I to say no?! In fact, the floors got so bad around here she was asking me to vacuum... oops. 

What's sad is that her 16 month "birthday" came and went without me even realizing it. Yikes- my sweet baby is getting bigger and I'm so slow these days I'm forgetting to celebrate it (we don't really celebrate it with any party or hoopla). I'm telling you this pregnancy stuff really does start preparing you for when the baby gets here. 

We call the baby "Blueberry" and I'll tell Lauren to say hi to Blueberry and she points to my belly- which by the way I'm convinced is already started to grow...holy fastness here people! Last time I couldn't wait to get into the maternity clothes because I was so excited to be prego and couldn't wait for the baby bump, and don't get me wrong I'm excited this time too, but this time I remember that once you start wearing those clothes you don't go back for a LONG time. This time around I'm enjoying my normal clothes for as long as I can.

Well Noah is starting to wake up and I should go get him. Hopefully it won't be too long before I fill you in on all the other things going on around here.

"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation." 1 Peter 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment