....................................................

....................................................

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer is OFFICIALLY here...

We just got back from our first trip to pool with Garrett and the kids, so my brain (just today) registered that it is now summer. I have been waiting for the moment when it would sink in that this wasn't just a long weekend or a week off from work, but rather summer! We had such a great time with them. I feel so grateful for her friendship and love the traditions we've developed of the years.

It was great to be there with Lauren too. It was her first time in a big pool. She sat in her floaty and enjoyed kicking her legs. Garrett's middle boy, Caiden was a riot with Lauren. Lauren and I were "chasing" him around the pool and Caiden was splashing us. Aliana (her youngest girl) and Lauren were taking swim breaks in the wagon together and playing (as best as a 7 month old and 1 year old can play). It was such a wonderful time and I'm hoping even with my busy summer schedule that we will be able to do it a few more times before the pool closes on Labor day.

I've been lucky enough to have Garrett as a friend now for four years. I always tell her that our friendship works so well because she helps me not take life so seriously. I've never had a friends that can make me laugh so much over nothing. She's been there with me through the hard times we've had over the past year or so. She is as loyal as they come and I've always admired what a wonderful mother she is. I've told her, and am now telling you, that her friendship has helped me be a better mother to my daughter- how wonderful is that! Plus, she's a blast to be around! She, like Matt, keeps my head out of the clouds. God blessed me and my family the day he knitted our lives together.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

No comments:

Post a Comment