....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saving Money...

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone actually reads my posts or not. It really doesn't matter to me. I started this blog because I wish I would journal more and feel like life goes by so fast these days, so I need to write it all down. Plus, I am a horrible speller so typing is a billion times better because of spell check (which doesn't always help). Anyway, today I'm asking for help from anyone who might read this.

I went online and found some books on saving money for stay at home moms (SAHM). Matt and I sat down this afternoon while Lauren napped and looked at our bills and soon to be smaller income. We've tried our hardest to save half my paycheck each month, which I am proud to say we were able to do most months. But now it's crunch time and I want to get our monthly bills as low as they can go.

We are already pretty frugal people and live a rather simple life, so we're hoping it won't be too hard. But what are some ways you other SAHM's save money?

Right now I'm looking into reusable diapers. Man, I've never felt so proud of myself as I do with the time and energy I've put into researching these. I will have to post more about that later. I also got two books on hold at the library that I'm hoping will give me some tips. And I have been praying about it. I know that the Lord has put it on both of our hearts that this is the best decision for our small family. I know that relying on God to provide our needs is my first and best advice. I'm SO grateful for out Loving Lord and all that He provides us with.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment